For all the Female fronted bands mentioned.....

Have you listened to Benedictum? Dunno if they'd make your top 50, but they're different for a female-fronted band.
Their lead singer is in my Top 50. They fall into the same category as the others; like the singer, the songs don't interest me.

Have you heard Liva? All singing is supposedly sang in Hebrew. I only have the demo, which is 4 tracks, and all those are in Hebrew. That may solve the songwriting problem for ya. :) I also enjoy the use of the cello throughout the album. If you haven't heard 'em, you should check 'em out at
http://livaband.com/music/discography.html They have 3 clips there.
Cool. I'll give them a listen. Thanks.

Zod

I had my time feverish time of female fronted bands, just because of it. Nowdays I still like some, but now the music is more important then the genre of the vocalist (as a novelty).

Said so Benedictum is one of the best bands came lately to the scene, their debut is undoubtedly in my top 20 for 2006. Also Doro last album is worth to be check for this year reminds me the most of old Warlock glories.

So for the sake of posting :D, the bands I dug (or dig) with a female vocalist (or more):

Rock Goddess
Girlschool
Warlock
Benedictum
Nightwish
Within Temptation
Dunwich
Moon Of Steel
Kurgan's Bane
Blackmore's Night
Power Symphony
Black Widow
Lana Lane
Forgotten Tales
Sinergy

honorable mention:

Beto Vazquez Infinity -S/T
Mastermind - "Angels Of The Apocalypse"
Ayreon and Gary Hughes for extensive use of great female vocals in their work.
Azeroth for having an extraordinary drummer as Mauge is.