Good all female metal bands?

Meanstreak was a great band also.
I still listen to their only album every now and then. Funny coincidence that three members of this band are married to members of Dream Theater.
Someone recently posted a live-clip (obviously a bootleg) of their song "Snakepit" on youtube, namely here.

One of the best all-female metal bands were probably Ice Age from Sweden (though they never got beyond demo-status). The guy who posted the clip of Meanstreak also posted Ice Age´s promo-clip of "Instant Justice" (an excellent thrash metal song, with Debbie Gunn on vocals) and a live-clip of "General Alert" on youtube. Even though the band ceased to exist long ago, two of their former members also posted a few songs on their myspace-pages, namely former vocalist/guitarist Sabrina Kihlstrand and former lead guitarist Pia Nyström.

Some other - maybe more obscure - all-female metal bands which haven´t already been mentioned were (because they don´t exist anymore):

Original Sin (I´m referring to the thrash metal band who released a pretty good album titled "Sin Will Find You Out" in 1986 - though the lyrics were terribly cliched)
Mother Earth (who released a CD titled "Transitions" somewhere in the nineties)
Rage Of Angels (to my knowledge, they only released one demo titled "Time And Space")

Also the (non-defunct) Norwegian band Octavia Sperati started off as an all-female band (if I´m not mistaken), but now they´ve got a male drummer.

My favorites: (And I'm really picky about femail vocals)
In no particular order:
  • Aesma Daeva
  • Lacuna Coil
  • The Tempest
  • Genatortures
  • Arch Enemy
  • Visons of Atlantis
  • After Forever (Although they are hit and miss with me... but when the song is done right it's fucking done RIGHT)

Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll think of more later.

-MetalRose

My favorites: (And I'm really picky about femail vocals)
In no particular order:
  • Aesma Daeva
  • Lacuna Coil
  • The Tempest
  • Genatortures
  • Arch Enemy
  • Visons of Atlantis
  • After Forever (Although they are hit and miss with me... but when the song is done right it's fucking done RIGHT)
Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll think of more later.

-MetalRose
Unfortunately, none of them are all-female. They are "only" female-fronted.

np: Kate Bush - "Sunset"

well it's not all female but there is a new band with 3 girls and a drummerboy
called DAMNZAL that Nightmare is distributing out of Australia on Astral/Dead Famous records.

Check out our myspace page in our top friends, new album coming, it's a little more on the Punk / hard Rock vibe! But pretty good.

Our distro myspace page is now at
www.myspace.com/nightmarerecordsmusic

:headbang: