For the Collectors...

so you think maybe splitting it out might be better?

i have some bootleg audio/video, but i'm not really sure the band would be ok with that stuff floating around, especially before the dvd recording. the live radio sets are the best in my opinion (well, except for when i messed up in Chorus of Jasmine). the WNUR one i have the original minidisc, so it's a digital board recording. I used to play the Kiss cover on Steel Mill.

actually, paul/larry, let me know if you guys don't have a digital copy of that WNUR show.

You guys played live once on WNUR?
That's awesome.
When I was in Jr High, I got into a lot of punk, hardcore, and some metal bands from their "Fast and Loud" show.

I would love to hear this performance.

I think a rarities CD is in order here!!!!

Haha- I used to do the Steel Mill (death/black/doom metal show) on WNUR, and we were on right before Fast & Loud, but that was like 1995-2001. We had lots of fun with them, and occasionally crossed over material- like they liked the Dillinger Escape Plan and Entombed Uprising stuff we'd play, and we'd like the occasional thing they'd play.

The guy Petr who used to do Fast & Loud in the early/mid-90s was really quiet on air, but a completely crazy Scandinavian soccer hooligan kind of guy off air. Not sure if you would have heard him or not, but he's the earliest DJ I remember with F&L.

As for the radio performance, what is done with that is completely up to the band, as it impacts them most.

Hey,
Yeah, I can't recall who the DJs were.
This was probably around 1988 when I listened.
One thing I recall from that show was the TERRIBLE Reckless Records commercial that was played throughout the show. :lol:

Hey Eric,

I do have digital copies of both radio shows, but I ripped them to mp3's and may have lost the actual CD copies, so if you can get another copy of that for me, that would be great!

I'm not sure if we would ever do anything with those... Perhaps give the mp3's away on the website of something... We'll have to talk about it, and give those a good listen again.

Ok Paul. It's on minidisc, so options of transferring it are somewhat limited since i have no minidisc player. But I'll have it if someday you decide to do something with it and need a true original digital copy.

Looking through this seller's list, he's got some amazing stuff from the old Chicago scene, in addition to the aforementioned bands he's got Dead Fetus, Cianide, Dead Youth, Sindrome, Fleshold, Mortar, Contagion (another of my all time favorites), Thanatopsis....I miss those days.

This seller also has Dream Death on blue vinyl...fuck!!! I can't afford all of this right now, must resist lol

I'm really curious to know who is selling this stuff, it's gotta be someone we know, Paul.

he writes...

"Sindrome Vault Of Inner Conscience original demo, Chicago 1991 This is very rare. Less than 200 copies of this very rare demo were ever distributed, very few survive."

Wow, is this wrong information. This tape sold in the thousands. I probably know more then 50 people myself who had this tape.

Speaking of radio shows. Novembers Doom preformed un plugged on the LOOP or it might have been WCKG on the Kevin Mathews show. CJ sang. I never heard it outside of being there. This was 94 or 95. I had no acoustic guitar at the time and CJ bought me one just for that.

Steve:headbang:

I believe Paul has a copy of that, and I know I've seen some of the home video footage of the band waiting to go on.....Jason singing that goofy song that I won't repeat here LOL Classic stuff....perhaps it will turn up on the DVD, you never know....

One of those Kevin Matthews appearances was actually the first time I ever heard of November's Doom. I was in the Northwestern University library studying with headphones on, cracking up at Kevin doing his Jim Shorts voice freaking out over Paul's voice. The audio of that show is classic, and would definitely be cool for the website.

I contacted Paul after that show looking for some ND material to play on our radio show, and about 6 months or so later answered the band's ad for a guitar player.

Thats funny stuff. Jim shorts was great. I also remember he did a voice of the black kid Devon. Those that don't know, Kevin Mathew's had alter ego's on his show and he created voices to add comedy to the show.
Paul got all kinds of stuff. I probably shouldn't say much as he may have plans for some of it. I do remember a show in Tenn we did with Metal Ma promoting. There were 40 bands or so at the Electric Ballroom in Knoxville. I think it was the International Metal Fest. Immolation, Ancient, Gorguts, Morpheus Desends, Lucifer's Hammer, Crytopsy, Internal Bleeding, Human Remains, Avernus played to name a few.
Steve