For The Fallen Dream-ish band with better sound than the original? ;)

Aug 9, 2010
Germany
...just kidding.

But what do you think of this mix and recording I did last week. They kinda sound like For The Fallen Dreams, but unfortunately they have a lame singer that pulls their music quality down. Nevertheless I like how this mix came out. They had some really expensive guitar gear, so what do you think about the tone?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10409472/tcs mix7.mp3

Thanks for all your answers! :)

That mix is fantastic. I really dig the way it sounds. You're right about the vocals, though.

id work on the snare, compared to ftfd, it gets kinda buried and is pretty thin.
also the whole song is just not grabbing the listeners attention.... thats basically cause the drums are not really
pulling you into the groove... id start by listening closely to what joey did,
try adding maxbass on snare and kick, to give them more weight. also his mixes are centered around the fat fat snare,
try modelling that more.

or leave it as it is ;-)

That mix is fantastic. I really dig the way it sounds. You're right about the vocals, though.

Thanks! :)

well, it sounds great as it is. I wouldnt change anything :)

Dank dir! ;)

id work on the snare, compared to ftfd, it gets kinda buried and is pretty thin.

I didn't try to copy the original ftfd sound. But you're right with that snare. I think mine has a bit too much room on it and could get some more low mids. I fixed that. What do you guys think about the guitars?
And btw it's interesting, that you're not able to hear, that the drummer only played the cymbals for my overheads and the rest of the kit is programmed! ;)

Thanks! :)
What do you guys think about the guitars?
And btw it's interesting, that you're not able to hear, that the drummer only played the cymbals for my overheads and the rest of the kit is programmed! ;)

thats basically what i thought about the drums, they had no groove
and were really not pulling you into the song...

i like the vocals and the drum sound sounds amazing id be down to reamp this for you for free

what was the lead guitar

i actually love the snare

dont touch the drums at all

i like the vocals and the drum sound sounds amazing id be down to reamp this for you for free

what was the lead guitar

i actually love the snare

dont touch the drums at all

Thanks man, I appreciate that!! :)

Unfortunately it's too late for reamping this time! But I can say, I used your impulses in my current project, and I like it! If it's ready I'll post this song here. I'm curious what you will think about this...

so you're trying to tell me this is an amp sim?
im going to anhero right now

what's an anhero?
yes you hear an amp sim. :D

The guitars sound really good.
Any info on the guitars?

Thanks! :) I'm really proud of this sound.
The band had some pretty nice and expensive Gibson guitars. That's one reason for the nice tone. I took that signal through Podfarm and into some nice impulses. Afterwards some eq tweaking, harmonic exciter, limiting. Nothing special, I think! ;D

Is that the Cali treadplate? Into s pres high?

I'd really like a bit of info on the guitars :)

The chain for the rhythm guitar was: gibson les paul->tube screamer->cali diamondplate->kefir with engl 4x12 response from "sperimental" collection->high+lowpass->some tweaking around 4kHz->waves C4 for compressing the lows->slight frequency enhancement with ozone4->L1 limiting->master bus

Now you now everything! ;D

I used you use podfarm with impulses but I found it was a little flabby sounding with the Cali an pod tube screamer
How did you battle it?
And any details on the bass tone?

The chain for the rhythm guitar was: gibson les paul->tube screamer->cali diamondplate->kefir with engl 4x12 response from "sperimental" collection->high+lowpass->some tweaking around 4kHz->waves C4 for compressing the lows->slight frequency enhancement with ozone4->L1 limiting->master bus

Now you now everything! ;D

could you share those impulses? they´re the two poidaobi impulses (englv30 and englv30higherpres-01)¿? what did you use?