For the girls... (though I know the guys will still post here)

nevershine

Hengität. Et hengitä enää
Jul 31, 2001
Whiterapids, Finland
www.farmakonband.com
Any ideas for a christmas present. Something "personal" and not very expensive. I'm running out of ideas myself... I know this is the last place to ask these things but it's worth a try. My creativeness has lately been near zero. :(

I don't even know what to say if someone asks what I want for Christmas. :erk: All things I really need are too expensive, like a cellphone and a nice winter coat.

Does she like Kalevala Koru jewellery? Most women do. I wouldn't mind having more of those beautiful trinkets.

It so much depends on what she is like and what she likes. (And why did everyone just assumed it is for a girlfriend? :) he didn´t say it...heh)
Umm... good BOOKS are always good, if she likes to read, of course. (listen the girl who works in a library :lol: )
MOVIES (like DVD:s or something)
MUSIC
MAKE SOMETHING. At least the card ;)
and if it is for a girlfriend then PEHMOLELUJA perkele!

these suck, not very personal, I know :)
But just going for a walk in stores is a fine way, worked for me. Just watch out sick people!

lumitalvi said:
It so much depends on what she is like and what she likes. (And why did everyone just assumed it is for a girlfriend? :) he didn´t say it...heh)
Umm... good BOOKS are always good, if she likes to read, of course. (listen the girl who works in a library :lol: )
MOVIES (like DVD:s or something)
MUSIC
MAKE SOMETHING. At least the card ;)
and if it is for a girlfriend then PEHMOLELUJA perkele!

these suck, not very personal, I know :)
But just going for a walk in stores is a fine way, worked for me. Just watch out sick people!
Books and music are good. I'll have to think about it... hmm. Thanks. :D (though music came to mind first of course)

wheee, it's xmas!! :loco:
hmmm... well, finding a nice gift for someone you know shouldn't be too difficult: it's just a matter of paying attention to what the other likes. i suggest a shopping session together, it might be useful to discover which are the most wanted objects :D as for more practical suggestions... i'm a well known candle/incense/essence maniac, and i definitely like glassware and wood/iron candleholders... they're never enough :loco: (translation: i've just started my ittala collection :p) and also wool: scarfs, socks, hats... i just love them :D

Rei Toei said:
i'm a well known candle/incense/essence maniac, and i definitely like glassware and wood/iron candleholders... they're never enough :loco: (translation: i've just started my ittala collection :p) and also wool: scarfs, socks, hats... i just love them :D
she likes that stuff also... but FORTUNATELY I already bought the presents today! :D Walking around the shops helped me remember what she'd talked about wanting (not for christmas but generally). I still think they suck... No "personal" presents, but I gues she'll like them for my sake at least. :lol:

How about an iron or some washing-up gloves? Maybe a book with some nice recipes in, so she can have your favourite meal waiting for you when you get home?

Buy some boxing gloves for yourself in case the meal isn't to your liking. And remember the golden rule about beating up women: Not The Face! You don't want the neighbours gossiping now, do you?

Reactions: Jo