For the members of motW...

Originally posted by azal
typical

NJ is such an awful place to be.

Granted, Jersey is weird, absolutely--but an awful place to be? C'mon now, that's just unnecessarily insulting. And about the only thing that separates Hoboken from every other non-metal loving place is the ridiculous lack of parking in it and that's really it.

Close to heaven? Not quite, but then again, so few cities really are.

MotW, I invite you to play at Maxwell's, which is about 3 blocks away from where I live, and a kickin' joint it really is, as well as intimate. (Should you need contact info, just let me know--they're always booking talent.)

Just bring the moolah for the parking garage.

garth

I must admit that the only bits of NJ I've seen are Clifton, Jersery City, and Maplewood, plus the shoulders of the Jersey TurnPike. Jersey City might as well be another borough of NYCas far as appearance and "feel" go, Clifton was a little slice of hell, and Maplewood is just kind of gross cause it's yuppie-suburbia-2.5-kids-and-a-45-foot-long-SUV-land. I'm guessing it gets a bum rap. (Jersey, that is, not Maplewood).

Still, Zippy the Pinhead once said something beautiful.

"...[I've realized] that New Jersey doesn't exist in the physical sense...it's just something we all agree on to be able to get from New York to Philadelphia."