For the most part John is right. Its shit.

NOTB-7th Son is the only really worthwhile Maiden era. There were good songs outside it, but no albums that were good start-finish.

Alex999 said:
NOTB-7th Son is the only really worthwhile Maiden era. There were good songs outside it, but no albums that were good start-finish.
I would most definitely agree. POM had some "so so" songs and even SIT had maybe one but of all the Maiden eras the one you mention is without a doubt the best. For some reason it started with NPFTD and really it hasn't been the same although BNW is a real good cd.

I usually draw the line with age. Most of the bands that pass 10 years never get the same edge and class of their golden age.

Maiden is one of them.. but there'are many others.

The main thing lacking on the new album is the production. There's nothing particularly awful on there material-wise, and I think it's a lot more consistent than BNW. That said, there is low-end mud that should have been taken care of in tracking, or at least in mixing. It will be interesting to hear what the 5.1 mix sounds like. I like Age of Innocence, Paschendale, and Montsegur the best so far. There's too much low-end going on, though.

Iced In Flames said:
Merciless. I dont think it stands up to FotD honestly. there are some good songs but I dont think it holds up. Honestly I dont think ANYTHING is worse than No Prayer.

Agressor. You are a dumbass n00b who dont know shit about nothin. Take your gay ass back over to the Maiden Talk forum where you can suck the balls of all the guys just like everyone else who is too brainwashed into giving an honest opinion on an album which could have been much better. Thank you.

Bloody well said part I.

Iced In Flames said:
Todays word kiddies is OPINION. Maybe thats why people like Fear of the DARK Soundmaster. Some people actually like things other peoples dont.

No shit.
Obviously, such talk can ONLY ever be opinion. My mistake for thinking that people here take it as a given. Unfortunately, it appears as if EVERYTHING has to be fleshed out for some of the readers here.... :(

The question, in reality, is really only an opinion in itself. And not much of a 'question' at all.

Iced In Flames said:
Todays word kiddies is OPINION. Maybe thats why people like Fear of the DARK Soundmaster. Some people actually like things other peoples dont.
This is why bulletin boards like this exist. Perhaps we should use the word consensus to actually say "for the mostpart" because no matter how bad a cd may be someone will always like it and we need to respect that.
Even DOD falls into this. Most people like it but there are those who don't for whatever reasons. Maybe those reasons have to do with personal taste? :cool: