For the SAN FRANCISCO gig people!!!

nah dude, you're not crazy. my brother and i are going to drive to the san francisco gig, then come to the two shows down here (we live in San Diego). I have finals that following week too, gonna be great.

I got my tickets for the frisco show, i will see you there squeak, just like all the other shows i go to. CoB is gonna kick some seriouse ass WhooooooooYeeaaaaaaahhhhh, only 44 more days

Hey Squeak, i have never been to the Avalon and was wondering if they have like a little parking lot or if there are places to park for free around it like at the pound, or if you have to pay to park in a garage, so i know if ineed to bring extra cash. Also I am taking Highway 101N is there a van ness exit off that cuz i was planning on taking 7th st - market - van ness - sutter, or is there a much easier way? thanx

@ Arch enemy666-
The directions you stated are the ones that I take when I go there. There is no easier way really. Although you don't really go on Sutter. When you're on Van Ness, the club is in that HUGE building on your right. You can't really tell that's the Avalon. I had to drive around it to be sure, then I saw buses.
The parking is the biggest major bitch you can imagine. If you want parking, get there EARLY. It is on the busiest street in all of San Francisco. Keep a couple things in mind... If you park in one of the few, pricy parking lots that are around there, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE be sure to see what time they close. The show probably won't let out until 130am or so. The reason I warn you is because three of my coworkers met me there to see King's X last year and got the car locked in the lot overnight and they left at 1am, so they had to go get a hotel room and call in sick to work. ALSO, if you park on the side streets, be SURE it's not parking sticker restricted (for locals only) AND that the street sweeper isn't there on a TUESDAY. Friends had probs with that before too. Be prepared to circle the venue for 1/2 an hour looking for parking if need be. If you're going during rush hour, same thing. Hey wait, what city are you in? I actually take 280 into the city since there is usually a LOT less traffic. I can give you exact directions from where you are if you want.
Also, let me know if you want to know more of the club, the surroundings, etc.

@Cinflames - HIYA CHICKIE!!!!!!!!!!!! I may take you up on that offer, although I'd be going to the Hollywood gig. I will let you know pretty soon. I have to work the day before but I'm off at 1pm although I may go to Machine Head/Arch Enemy/God Forbid up here that night instead and go down there Thursday. I'll have to see and I'll let you know soon, okay?

Too bad this wasn't posted at 1pm, I just drove back up to San Francisco in my rental car and went by the Avalon. I remember last time only seeing one TINY parking garage on the street parallel to the venue and I didn't see any others this time, either. I got in a MAJOR car accident yesterday, so have a rental at the moment. If I go back up there anytime soon, I'll let you know for sure. But I really didn't see any the last two times or I woulda parked in it.