for those of you worried about the midsouth/west vote

goatschool

Sep 12, 2002
www.youtube.com
Throughout the 2004 campaign, the Times Union will be talking to voters around the Capital Region who have different political backgrounds and candidate preferences about what issues are on their minds as they choose their elected representatives.

Holly Huebner 19, Stillwater State University at Albany senior, majoring in the classics

Enrollment: Conservative Presidential pick: George Bush, Republican

"Pretty much, the war in Iraq. I'm very concerned over that. Over what's happening, what will happen. I think that we're over there for the right reasons, but I think that we do need a little more guidance. I don't know (what to suggest), which is why I'm not in charge, and never want to be. I don't have to worry about how to do it, I just have to find someone that can do it. ...

"I think it's been going pretty well. We've lost a lot less people than in other wars. And we all knew that it would take a long time to get everything done, but I think it will take even more time. We just have to be patient. ...

"I think that Bush is better; I think that Kerry flip-flops too much. I don't think he really has any plans. ... I think Bush is better than Kerry because he's at least a little bit more decisive, and I really don't like indecisive people. They kind of drive me nuts. ...

"I didn't watch (the debates). I'm not a big person for debaters. George Washington never opened his mouth, and he was one of the most beloved presidents in all of history ... (Same-sex) marriages (are also an issue). I'm not really a fan."