Are you worried about Opeth???

They certainly have evolved. It's pretty cool actually. I think I may have been feeling a lot of the same things (worries) that most of you have been feeling when I first heard BWP. I DO NOT and never have thought they'd sell out though, because as Lina mentioned before, Opeth has always been about themselves and not the fans. "Fuck the fans!" (with a chuckle of course!) is the attitude.

i totally agree. the fact that opeth has said to themselves they dont care what the fans think has given them the ability to produce one mega album after another, and i think that BWP is no exception to this statement. opeth has evolved into something new, and has taken all the best elements of their music and combined it into one. BWP in my opinion is right up there with orchid and MAYH.

Originally posted by _Transparent_
yeah, i was actually one of the few people that liked kid A a lot. but those albums aren't Radiohead, although i sometimes think they are radiohead because change is what they are about, but still i want another ok computer or bends type album next (if there is a next album:cry: )

Kid A rocks :) I like where they've gone, we've still got OK Computer and The Bends, so I hope the next album will be in another direction. And don't let sum1 agreeing with u go 2 ur head ;)

Till Fjalls, I was going to ask you the same thing about that pic on your sig. It's wild. Those pics that when you see them, you wish you were the person in them. Whoever it is, lucky bastard, I'd like to know where it was taken too.

I just find it interesting that many of you who are defending BWP are mentioning The Leper Affinity and The Funeral Portrait, since those are the two best tunes on the CD...the music is still good, but lacks the twists and turns the other albums provided. That is what I like about Opeth so much, and hope that doesn't disappear from the music!

The song Blackwater Park itself was my first favorite off the album, from the way it starts and the mellow part right to the end. It stood out first as a favorite. Bleak I'd have to say I like more than Harvest. And every time Dirge starts, I get that sinking feeling in my chest and want to say "Awwwe." :lol: :rolleyes: :)

I like Patterns In Ivy better than Silhouette. :eek: (Oh, for shame!) :p

"Brooding sadness came to a rise."

Worried ? Mmmpsssss sss dh dhahahahahaha !!!..

Blackwater Park is easily the most visual and surreal work they've done, in fact, it should be a concept album no matter what Mikael says ! The most intense emotions, the greatest insight into the human mind, the best song structures - not because they have fewer riffs, but because, unlike Morningrise, every riff is strictly to the point. I believe there is a purpose in including these similar chordal passages in Drapery (a truly surreal experience, like a submersion into something unknown - the mind of a lost person ?), Dirge (one of my favourite tracks, he he he, there you have it) and the title track. It feels like a story. Blackwater Park is present in each of the songs, and the brilliant title track finally brings us inside, show us a way to escape, and leaves us hanging in the end, so we can figure out our own interpretations of what really happened. Sort of a Twin Peaks-like ending... Blackwater Park should be a David Lynch movie, in fact - the different unconnected stories, the multiple narrators, blood, murders and hidden truths; and above it all - a mystic place which is reflected in the people's minds, in an incomprehensible way. The artwork helps too...

I feel that BP will soon replace Still Life as my favourite Opeth album. Still Life has the best musical material of all their albums, but BP is really unique. They have finally found a balance between what to show and what to hint at in the music, and what not to include at all. All the previous albums had some redundant passages, as epitomized on Morningrise (my opinion, of course). No such stuff here - everything flows naturally.

I heard the Drapery and Dirge samples too, before getting the whole thing, and I was ready to become disappointed, but the band has overcome the surface of their music and presented us the depth only. This can be their rebirth, I hope, and a first step into something even more monumental and deep.

D Mullholand, a dead composer
----------------------------
NP: Shostakovich - Symphony N 4

Originally posted by D Mullholand
This can be their rebirth, I hope, and a first step into something even more monumental and deep.
and isn't their next cd supposed to be called "death : rebirth"? coincidence? i think not! :p

Originally posted by godisanathiest

Kid A rocks :) I like where they've gone, we've still got OK Computer and The Bends, so I hope the next album will be in another direction. And don't let sum1 agreeing with u go 2 ur head ;)

:lol: , ok i will amend my diary. (do i even have a diary :lol: ) and now your not invited to my December 4th, after opeth/katatonia party (which doesn't actually exist as of yet, but maybe i will have one, the idea sounds good :err: )