For those who care: ROB HALFORD BACK IN PRIEST!!!

Dunno, but i want to know if halford's band "Halford" is still alive or if they are done for... hope they continue as they kick large portions of ass.

i don't want ripper for iced earth. He wouldn't fit well with the music... not at all. And anselmo would never sing for iced earth. He has like 7 other bands already (down, superjoint ritual) and he quit pantera because he wants to focus on superjoint ritual. So no, he wouldn't do it. And i hope ripper doesn't join IE... ah that would bite ass.

hey odyssey Phil didnt quit Pantera cause he wants to focus on Superjoint.....he said that that everyone needed time to do thier own thing.....Dime and Vinnie say different but whatever.

I hope Halford (the band) is still gonna be around. They kick so much ass.
A reuinted Judas Priest will be awesome!

@chalk i read somewhere that he wanted to focus efforts on his other projects... must have been BS. Sorry bout that. But as it is, he has so much other stuff i don't think he would have time for a band like iced earth... not for jon's preference anyway.

Just so you know, I think Timmy is more than capable of handling vocal duties for IE. You may not think so because the recent Priest outings, but in the early 90's Tim fronted a band called Winters Bane which was an excellent US style power metal ala Jag Panzer where he really showed his amazing range. He can pretty much sing in any style when he wants to. But then again, it's all up to Jon "fuck posers" Schaffer to decide whether he's the right guy for Iced Earth or not.

Halford being back in Priest is just fuckin' awesome. That guy is the personification of Heavy Metal (if you leave aside the fact that he's gay, but who cares anyway?). Painkiller is simply one of the best true Heavy Metal albums ever recorded (if not even THE best), there's nothing that has more metal spirit than this album. Ripper was okay and maybe technically a better singer than Halford, but Halford's singing got that special flair and total metal vibe. I'm defineately going to see them on their 2004 tour!