For those who know almost everything...

manuelgv

Back now...hopefully
Mar 19, 2002
Mexico city
Do you know if there will be cool tours in europe this summer?
I may go to northern Europe on july/august so I wanna know if there will be any bands playing locally besides festivals(I might go to Tuska and Wacken)
The countries I plan to visit are: Finland,Sweden,Norway,probably Netherlands and Germany.
So anybody knows if DT or any other bands will be playing anywhere near?

DT play in essen, germany this summer, but i forgot the date. niklas posted it here not long ago.

D.T. will headline the Pressure festival in Essen, Germany on the 28th of June.

Metal Mania Festival, Spain, July 11-13

that's what it says in the official site..

Actually I'm far from knowing everything but I just couldn't resist seeing my name on a thread with such a title...

Anyways Iron Maiden will be playing in Oslo and Stockholm this summer but the gigs are sold out... the festival in Piteå (Sweden) will be getting In Flames (don't think tickets to that are that expensive though but I don't know).
Otherwise I don't know, don't think they've announced that many gigs yet, or if you're at all interested in what I've mentioned, but hey at least I tried...

there appears to be several good European festivals this summer. :hotjump:

what is the average set time for these shows? is it like Milwaukee Metalfest where the bands get ~20-35 minutes tops playing time?

Check Pollstar.com for the info on bands and concerts in the areas you're planning to visit. Also check your favourite bands' websites for tour information. You'd be surprised at the places they visit. Good luck.

:eek:
I wanna go to that Pressure festival..!
I might just go there..:cool:
And to Tuska :( If I can arrange it

Woow lots of people coming to the Netherlands :cool:
I wonder what's so interesting here.. (lol :p) :rolleyes: (x 100)

manuelgv said:
So anybody knows if DT or any other bands will be playing anywhere near?

Well, no if there are any Finns around, I can tell you.

VC: Beware, that concert just might get cancelled... :devil:

Phone rings at Dark Tranquillity mansion (in the lovely gothenburgian countryside).

Hedon: Hello? This is Dark Tranquillity, Hedon speaking.

Villain: Hi! I'm, uh, a new fan of yours from Uzbekistan. I'd like to come and see your show at Essen this summer..

Hedon: You don't happen to be from Finland, do you? (Making hand-signals to Martin B, who starts tracking the phone-call immediately)

Villain: Uh, no, I'm from Uzbekistan and I have never seen you play before..

Martin B: Confirmed! The call is from Finland!

Hedon: Hah, a nice try! The gig in Essen just got cancelled, sorry! Goodbye! #click#

:p

-Villain

Reactions: The Grand Wazoo
Owwww
*hugg Oromir* *and other Fins*
u__u,
But then again, you get to see all the cool Finnish bands that never come to the Netherlands! Like Moonsorrow, Ajattara and Finntroll, u__u,, :cry:

Yeah well, I wouldn't want to miss DT for Ajattara etc, but we should say something nice to cheer them up, right? :p

Oh. @Fins: You didn't just read this
:stupid: Sorry, brains are on holidays-standby-modus. :rolleyes: I'll just hide in the cupboard now.

[delete this post now].

heh, finnish ppl don't dare to complain as long as they can see thyrfing, finntroll, ensiferum, kalmah, norther etc...

But, what about this year's Dynamo fest? Did not heard of it 'till now...there won't be Dynamo or what?

NP: Ajattara - Verivalta :headbang:

No Dynamo unfortunately. In the area where Dynamo was supposed to be held this year, it is the mating season of some bird, and they couldn't get a license to hold the festival during that time.

Hahah.

Dynamo? No. Cancelled. Again..
We also have.. Chicken-sort-of-pest-something. How's that disease called? Fowl pest? Yeah, think so.
:mad:
The only good festival around here.. Fan.
I mean, Fields of Rock...:/ naaaah..

[edit] Ormir: "Hahah?" DUUUUUUU!
DU JÄVLAS! :mad: