For those who make YouTube Music videos...

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
Lately we have a lot of people e-mailing us and asking permission to make a 'YouTube style' home made / photo image / stock footage / computer video for one for one of our songs. You may have seen the "Shedding the Deadwood" video that someone made. So here's our idea...

Instead of doing a video for one of our old songs, we suggest that you start compiling ideas, images, and preferably actual footage shot by you (!!!) of scenes from your current winter, 2007, to use when eventually creating a video for our instrumental track entitled "The Third of Three Winters" on the upcomming Woods of Ypres album, Woods 3: The Deepest Roots and Darkest Blues" (Think of the BURZUM - Dunkelheit video, in terms of using only nature images). The 3rd of Three winters is in fact referring to this winter that we are having right now, 2007. We encourage you to capture whatever this particular winter means to you: unusual weather, snow, no snow, the sun, overcast skies, joy, sadness, etc... and use this instrumental composition as your soundtrack. If I may describe the song, it is a massive doom-ballad, with fingerpicked acoustic guitar, a wall of chugging electric guitar, depressive keys, from sad to a moment of resolve, then triumph and ending with a ultra-fast black metal blast ending. It clocks in at about 6 minutes.

Of course, you won't actually hear this instrumental track until the album is released, but this is just something to keep in mind, for those who make these kinds of videos. If there's enough interest, we may even hold a contest for the best video for this song at the end of 2007.

Comments? Suggestions? Ideas?

:)

I wish it wasn't summer over here, haha.

But, if we get a day that's more cloudy, which is how I see winter, overcast and raining. I'll go take some pictures and video!

Yea, that description was scrumptious. The only winter videos I could make would probably be with my webcam through the window outlooking the front lawn, and that's not very fun, especially because there's nothing but snow there.

Yea, that description was scrumptious. The only winter videos I could make would probably be with my webcam through the window outlooking the front lawn, and that's not very fun, especially because there's nothing but snow there.

hence winter black metal hehe, but i cant really change it cuz im like making the pictures go with the beat of the song....