Will "WOODS III" make any Top 10 lists in 2008?

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
:err:

1) It's on David Perri's list at BWBK...

...any more?

In terms of promotion, the timing for the release of this album couldn't have been much less desirable, at the very end of 2007. Technically, it's a 2007 album to me (taking three years to do since Woods 2 in 2004) but it wasn't really out there until 2008, so it is a 2008 album.

I hadn't done much of a 'push' for WOODS III late this year in the way that I might have tried in previous years. We just got busy with more immediate things this fall. It's been a busy year and it somehow totally flew by!

Anyways, WOODS III !!! :kickass:

DG - \w/

Its on my Top 10 list if that means anything! :kickass: I got it a few days into 2008 so that means its a 2008 album for me as well!

Joel

It´s my no. 4 or 5.

My top 3 is this:

1. Mar De Grises - Draining The Waterheart
2. The Green Evening Requiem - Promo
3. Sculptured - Embodiment

If I had bought the new albums from Funeral and Skepticism earlier (and Forest Of Shadows!!!) Woods III would probably be further down the list. Sorry!

edit: I can´t rate an album until I have the whole thing in my hands. I can listen to half an album via myspace or whatever, but I need the whole package!

Its on the top of mine! Here's my final list

1. Woods of Ypres - III
2. Protest the Hero - Fortress
3. Ihsahn - angL
4. Ayreon - 101001010101010
5. Enslaved - Vertebrae
6. Esoteric - The Maniacal Vale
7. Mirrorthrone - Gangrene
8. Opeth - Watershed
9. Intronaut - Prehistoricisms
10. Bloodbath - The Fathomless Mastery

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=258517

#3 - Woods of Ypres, "III: The Deepest Roots and Darkest Blues" (Krankenhaus)

The Canadian project led by vocalist/guitarist David Gold is a rare metal act that prefers honest introspection to portentous mythmaking. The long, varied journey here sees an entirely new lineup refining Woods of Ypres' tuneful, European-sounding blend of doom, black and gothic metal. Meanwhile, the lyricist engages in extraordinarily personal songs that mull the struggle between stagnation and progression, directly addressing how the provincial mindsets of music scenes and hometowns can oppress an individual's growth. As befits the gripping music, melancholy and spite run high, yet Gold's emotional exorcisms are most resonant due to his mature conclusion that the best revenge comes from growing up and moving on.

TRY: "Your Ontario Town Is a Burial Ground," "Darkest Blues: The Relief That Nothing Can Be Done"

Holy shit! Congrats Dave! I love the line "yet Gold's emotional exorcisms are most resonant due to his mature conclusion that the best revenge comes from growing up and moving on." Whoever wrote this was clearly paying close attention to the lyrics. Congrats! (Oh yeah, as a PS, I am now writing for The Metal Observer, just waiting for Alex to add my profile, and then everyone's top 20 lists, you're number 1 :p)