? for Tim, Rob or anyone who knows - Vocal Effects

Sep 15, 2003
Vegas
What vocal effects do IE use, especially on the Death Vox? Is it something from Pro Tools, an effects rack, and what's the name of it?

I'm experimenting with some different effects, and IE's seem to have a sound that I really like. It's almost the same kind of effect as the Euro Goth bands (Tristania, Theatre of Tragedy, etc.) use for the male vocals, but it's not as ...much.

I'd like to know what's used for all the different voices, but mainly the Death vox.

I highly appreciate it.

bloodofthepriest said:
What vocal effects do IE use, especially on the Death Vox? Is it something from Pro Tools, an effects rack, and what's the name of it?

I'm experimenting with some different effects, and IE's seem to have a sound that I really like. It's almost the same kind of effect as the Euro Goth bands (Tristania, Theatre of Tragedy, etc.) use for the male vocals, but it's not as ...much.

I'd like to know what's used for all the different voices, but mainly the Death vox.

I highly appreciate it.

Hi there!

Rob here,
thats a good question and ill be happy to answer it for you,
the truth is there is absolutly no vocal effects on the death vocals,

i believe that some of the clean vocals were sweetened up with some delay
but the death vocals are all straight up...
hope this helps..

Rob. :headbang:

He's not kidding. Rob is amazing live. I forget which song he belted it out in, but it was powerful stuff.

Rob! I was the bastard in the Edge of Sanity shirt that came way too early to the Seattle show, when's Pericardium gonna be up and running again?!?! You're a total frontman waiting to happen!

Hey guys!

Slowly feeling better, thxs for the concern thats really nice.
despite droping 15 pounds in the last week or so of the tour im starting to
get my strength back...

As far a pericardium goes bro thx for the compiments i'm glad you remember
us thats cool,but right now I have my hands full with into eternity between touring and helping with the writing its alot of work,
but i am always writing music and who knows maybe one day when we have some down time i'll release another disc and maybe do some shows..

thx alot see ya out on the Road,

Rob-intoeternity said:
Hi there!

Rob here,
thats a good question and ill be happy to answer it for you,
the truth is there is absolutly no vocal effects on the death vocals,

i believe that some of the clean vocals were sweetened up with some delay
but the death vocals are all straight up...
hope this helps..

Cool, I didn't think it was much of anything, but I thought there was some kind of distortion or compression on the Death vox....after I posed the question I thought it might've seemed disrespectful in a way, but I appreciate it!

Can't wait to see you guys again in L.A., try to stay healthy on the next legs....FRUITS AND VEGETABLES DUDE!! :)

mentioning pericardium i had to say something, i would love to hear another album out from you eventually one day, know you have your hands full but i loved it !! mind you i love IE so i cant complain, you are a perfect fit for the band, and fuck i cant wait to see you guys live next week!!!