For you Devin Townsend people (and Keenan)

Two of the greatest albums ever. I feel a Devy binge coming on right now actually.

This may be a question of blasphemy, but what do you think is the worst Devin Townsend album? I'd vote Synchestra, but I need to hear Ocean Machine and Physicist first.

This may be a question of blasphemy, but what do you think is the worst Devin Townsend album? I'd vote Synchestra, but I need to hear Ocean Machine and Physicist first.

Someone's forgotten about Devlab and The Hummer, eh? :p

My opinion, all of Devy's albums are top notch, but I think that the worst album would have to go to Heavy As a Really Heavy Thing. Quality's shit, and I don't have as much of an appreciation for the songs as I do with Alien or (the holy grail of SYL albums,) City.

Someone's forgotten about Devlab and The Hummer, eh? :p

My opinion, all of Devy's albums are top notch, but I think that the worst album would have to go to Heavy As a Really Heavy Thing. Quality's shit, and I don't have as much of an appreciation for the songs as I do with Alien or (the holy grail of SYL albums,) City.

Not counting those two. :p

I actually enjoyed Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing for the most part. Happy Camper is pretty bad though. :lol:

Well it's not, obviously. But it's certainly not a great SYL release haha

Yeah, I guess you could say that.*

*note: ThatOneDude only says this due to the fact that he thought that Relentless, Aftermath and Dirt Pride would be worth more than Love, Shitstorm, Skeksis, Zen and FUCKING SHINE :)mad:) because he's a genius.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=78693

A four DVD, five CD box set collecting the Devin Townsend Project London shows where they played all four albums over the course of four nights. WANT.

Kinda sorta want. I'm more interested in the Retinal Circle... but sold out Devy shows... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, Keenan, do you remember this?
Strapping Young Lad. Listened to Love?, Almost Again and Zen. Sounds like Disturbed+Gojira. But is kinda repetitive. And Devin Townsend is like the fucking creepiest dude I ever seen. :lol:

:lol:

Second, this.
tumblr_lzmpa6KTqa1qcf2rso1_400.gif

Third, if I remember correctly, is it true that you're going to the Retinal Circus Chipmonk?

So do I. The flyer itself is enough reason for me to fly/take a train towards Vancouver. Look at this!

DTP_Roundhouse-flyer-small.jpg

Fucking gorgeous. But alas, there's a problem with this.
-Still in high school: School over Devy
-Toronto to Vancouver, then back? Fuck that
-Money

I mean seriously, the cost usually gets jacked up in the west coast (and compared to the US, is a bit more than usual). That's why most people move from British Columbia to Ontario/Quebec/etc. or from California to anywhere else.

I had no clue he was doing a Vancouver show

Wait... fuck! I ballsed it again. There isn't a Vancouver show, I just got my notes mixed up again (also, I forgot to read what was in plain sight - again). I might be thinking of another Devy show that was supposed to happen in Vancouver... either way, points to me for confusing simple facts! Point is, it looks beautiful.

Also, I think he was coming out with a DVD for this so...