For you metalheads who dig classical music as well!

Toxic Grind Machine

black neon bob
Jul 31, 2011
Hey dudes,

So as my company is focusing on movies/series and games music next to mixing, i started to do more demos:

https://soundcloud.com/#robert-slump

"Muse" is a classical piece, very mellow and emotional.

"Enther" is actually taken from the toxic grind machine album, but i would rate it as a score as well.. sort of a industrial take on dark orchestral music.

Both were made with Project Sam (Symphobia 2 and Orchestral Essentials).. Goliath, Absynth 5 and others to name a few.

Hope you enjoy them, not metal but not neccesarily gay either! haha..

great stuff as usual! Would you recommend Symphobia over other orchestral VSTis? How does it compare to others?

Yes i recommend symphobia Eric! Especially with the lowered prices of their software now.

It is very suitable for scoring a film or game for example, the samples are allready very "colored" and rich.. where other software needs quite a bit of editing outside the plugin to get that rich sound.
That being said, i can see people finding it one-dimensional because you cant really alter the instruments and samples that much once loaded.. but i don't think that is the reason why anyone would want symphobia.

Symphobia and orchestral essentials are very easy to use, easy on the ears and you get a great workflow with its setup.
Offcourse, creating and writing music will still be a challenge, but it certainly helps having it sound good straight out of the box ;)

whats the difference between the two? The orchestral essentials is much cheaper which is nice.

Well symphobia is a lot bigger library wise.. so to go all out for decent price you should go for that.
However, essentials is quite huge as well, it has, like it says, all the essentials to start scoring.. and it's faster then symphobia when it comes to loading which increases the workflow quite a bit.

If you are starting out with this, i would recommend Essentials to begin with Eric.. it really has enough and sounds great!

That's pretty cool. I use a lot of orchestral pieces in my music as well. I've been using Miroslav, it seems cool but I feel I out gre it rather quickly.

Just a wee update, new song added:

https://soundcloud.com/#robert-slump/robert-slump-pavane

Easily one of my favorite songs!!

Listened to almost all your compositions, but this one - I really adore.
Nowadays when I hear about "classical music" it turns out to be some Chopin copying or Zimmer-style stuff=) Renaissance/baroque forms are so rare, but so much fun to listen when it's a work of present-time composers.

One more follower for you and a huge-huge thanks for this composition, mate.
Wish you a good writing henceforth.