Ford can kiss my ass!

Yeah Chrysler is kind of shady. You also forgot that ford owns aston martin, volvo, and land rover. And there hasn't been a SHO taurus in years ('99?). wasn't the murkur just a mercury model? I think ford also teamed up with harley davidson in a deal that allowed ford to sell harley davidson edition pickups in exchange for ford helping harley davidson with their Buell street bikes. Oldsmobile is done as of 2004, and GEO doesn't exist anymore, at least not in the states. Also American trucks destroy the jap trucks. Sure, go look at the reliability reports and toyota usually leads although from year to year the F-150 gives it a run for its money. But you have to take into consideration that the only people who buy toyota tundras are trendy suburbanites. No one drives a tundra to a construction site or actually uses them to for work on a daily basis. toyota's 4.7 liter V8 hasn't got shit for a torque-line

and I got nothing on the slant six. If I had to guess maybe porche. that sounds like something they would do. and don't buy the chevy equinox, it's got a chinese engine.

Exactly. Hondas have not been built in Japan since 01 I believe. Look at your serial number. If the letters JP are not in your series you have a Mexican or Canadian Honda.

Hondas are only as good as their warrenty. Wait untill all you Honda lovers have to replace a tranny with no warrenty.

lespaulbass666 said:
As far as American vs. Import, Isuzu's, Toyota's and Hondas are being assembled in the US. Chevy's and Ford's are being built at Canadian and Mexican Plants.
QUOTE]

The God of Hellfire said:
Yeah Chrysler is kind of shady. You also forgot that ford owns aston martin, volvo, and land rover. And there hasn't been a SHO taurus in years ('99?). wasn't the murkur just a mercury model? I think ford also teamed up with harley davidson in a deal that allowed ford to sell harley davidson edition pickups in exchange for ford helping harley davidson with their Buell street bikes. Oldsmobile is done as of 2004, and GEO doesn't exist anymore, at least not in the states. Also American trucks destroy the jap trucks. Sure, go look at the reliability reports and toyota usually leads although from year to year the F-150 gives it a run for its money. But you have to take into consideration that the only people who buy toyota tundras are trendy suburbanites. No one drives a tundra to a construction site or actually uses them to for work on a daily basis. toyota's 4.7 liter V8 hasn't got shit for a torque-line

I sometimes see Tundras as work trucks but it's usually a standard cab long bed with a V6. Now I do see Tacomas with Tool Boxes in the bed on contruction sites.

Also the F Series Trucks kick ass!!

yeah i forgot about a few of the other ford lines, and gm's got their hands into more cookie jars than i had mentioned. i'm not sure about the ford-harley deal. i was under the impression tha harley helped one of their designers (erik buell) launch his own line of bikes. i do know that the hd f150's have hd series wheel weights that are completely different fromany oth clip on style weight out there. the most popular style of mag wheel weight being being the mc style used on most domestic aluminum wheels.

as far as the slant six goes, that was designed and built for chrysler by rolls royce. the reason the engine had to be a slant six was due to its height from intake to oilpan. this was caused by the long stroke of the engine requiring a taller block. to make these engines fit in the engine compartments of production vehicles, chrysler tipped the engines at an angle.

and for additional useless trivia, who were the original engine builders for the henry ford motor company before deciding to go onto building there own line of cars???

My family has had good luck with all the GM vehicles we have owned. The Chevy trucks hold up well to the farm work. Both the Ford products my mom and dad have owned (Ranger and Mercury Sable) were terrible. My wife's uncle works at a Dodge dealership, so I drive a Dakota. I hope it lasts me for a long time.

funny thing. I grew up in Norhtern Wisconsin where we actually have winter and snow. about january it doesn't get above zero during daylight hours. my dad had a '77 F150 until about '92 and the thing was pretty rusted because the state highways were all about salt. anyway, that thing had a 351 V8, 4X4, and a locking rear end, and I remember going to school in that thing( because the bus couldn't do it...for this I should hate Ford). Some days there would be a cars or trucks stuck in the ditch and my dad always carried a tow chain in the truck. he pulled out at least three vehicles a month during the big winter months. They still haven't made a toyota that has accomplished that level of duty. In the bank of chrysler, one time I almost managed to miss the bus but my dad had a lebaron inline 4 with the turbo and a 5 speed. that son of a bitch got up and went. I'll be damned if I didn't end up in class right on schedule.

That was some good trivia. I take pride in my knowledge of cars and I really had no clue on that one. I'd heard it in the past but had totally lost it. and as far as the buell thing I am not speaking with authority, I am just assuming when ford said it was going to help harley with its street bike division it meant buell. beyond that I have no car trivia unless you want it hard. and if you do I have this: tell me what happens when I: order an A code mustang from 66, or a k code mustang from '66. In 1969 Ford produced a hemi, which engine was it and what cars could I buy it in and why in the stupid fuck did they offer it anyhow? What year did Ford offer a 427 sohc side oiler in its hottest mustang(It was a shelby.)? what the fuck does side oiler mean?also jacey lane should let me eat her ass. also the 426 hemi was underrated in 1967 at 350 hp. what was the actuall hp estimate of the engine give or take 50 hp.

and now I hve to pee

lespaulbass666 said:
yeah i forgot about a few of the other ford lines, and gm's got their hands into more cookie jars than i had mentioned. i'm not sure about the ford-harley deal. i was under the impression tha harley helped one of their designers (erik buell) launch his own line of bikes. i do know that the hd f150's have hd series wheel weights that are completely different fromany oth clip on style weight out there. the most popular style of mag wheel weight being being the mc style used on most domestic aluminum wheels.

as far as the slant six goes, that was designed and built for chrysler by rolls royce. the reason the engine had to be a slant six was due to its height from intake to oilpan. this was caused by the long stroke of the engine requiring a taller block. to make these engines fit in the engine compartments of production vehicles, chrysler tipped the engines at an angle.

and for additional useless trivia, who were the original engine builders for the henry ford motor company before deciding to go onto building there own line of cars???

Hondas are only as good as their warrenty.

The only warranty I need is the H on the front of my Honda.

ok, tgohf, you gotta alot of info on fords. all the stuff i was spitting out was stuff i picked up from henry ford's biography. the original engine builders he had were the dodge brothers. how was the chevy 302 brought into existence? who designed the mustang?? i'm sure you know that one. what do GM and Chrysler V8's have in common?? who designed the vw beetle. when and where did it make its debut? why was it discontinued for us distribution. and what's the obsession with jacey lanes ass??? do you like the taste of shit?!?! kinda freaky if ya ask me. i'll see what i can come up with on the ford stuff. this is fun. and i hate working on cars.

yea cars. fun times. I wanted to be a mechnanic but I was talked out of it. also i was trying to put in a starter for a '67 GTO. the thing was like 25 pounds plus I was in an awkward position to actually install it was a major pain in the ass so in the end I decided to say fuck it and become a doctor instead. as far as jacey lane's ass goes, there's no real obsession I just like the song. as for the 289 question all I can say as I'm going to do it to you like billy white shoes. the rating you are referring to go as folows; The 200 hp was the 2bbl 289 V8 offered in '65+. the 225 hp was a 289 w/ the 4 bbl engine. it could be purchased by checking the A code box in the order form. the 271 hp was the hi=po option also known as the k-code mustang. the next option was the 306 hp sheby gt 350 mustang offered up until 1966 when they changed the gt 350 from high compression engine to a 302 lower compression engine, this was designed by carroll shelby. If you opted for the R code mustang you could get 350 hp but all were pussies and nothing cool happened. the chevy 302 (400 hp in trans am trim)was pretty much just an excercise in futility. they built it for the trans am racing series but gm sucked ass at racing this style so bad that we put an end to it all. they only put the 302 in camaro Z-28s and firebird formulas for race qualifications and it was all over with. ford made the boss 302s (rated at 290bhp but was estimated at 400 hp)which was way better. as far as the side oiler thing goes (which is a sweet refernce by the way) you are referring to the 427 SOHC engine (rated at 335 bhp but was closer to like 425)offered in mustang shelby GT 500s for like 6 months and who knows what else for a little while when they replaced it with the 428 engine which wasn't as powerful but was less tempermental than the race inspired 427. The HP figures didn't drop but seeing as the 427 was already under estimated by over 100 hp for insurance purposes and the performance figures dropped. but our hippy parent's didn't buy those specil hp versions so the car companies quit making them. my final mustang refernece isto the '64 1/2 mustang origially released on april 15thish at the new york world fair. the V8 had a 260 cubic inch thin walled V8 (aka do not bore this mo fo out) engine. this engine was also offered in the original british built version of the shelby bult Ac cobra. don't mess with my mustang knowlege, I will destroy you. the only gm competition was the corvair which was a joke against the mass produceced soon to be highly personalized mustang. the corvair was originally intended to be a porche fighter. the corvair had a rear mounted air cooled engine (just like porche) with 4 wheel independant suspension. GM wasn't very good with independant suspension technology yet (as is evident because each tire had to have a different tire pressure in it). I don't know why this was a problem because I think the vette had indy suspension. also this i how our boy ralph Nader got his start...writing the book "unsafe at any speed" which effectively killed the corvair because our hippy parents had trouble monitouring their tire pressure. and now I'm done for it is getting late. I don't know what FE means and DODGE engines suck ass.I guess the dodge engine technology peaked with the dodge bros. I raced a 97 dodge ram 360 V8 vs a 95 F150 302 V8. both completely stock 4x4s and the ford killed it by a ton. now I must sleep. and if the chevy 302 was so good why did they stick with the shitty 305?

wow you know a fuckload abourt fords. ok, FE stands for Ford Edsel and is a designation for bigblocks. it was introduced in '63 i believe.
the bowtie 302 made it's debut in 1967, and had a single 4 barrel. it was originally built by mixing and matching parts from chevy's 283 & 327 engines to have an engine for the race requirements. i could be wrong, but when the 302's ran in 68 & 69 didn't the chevy guys walk off with the trophy?? and the mustang took 1970.
ok, the vw beetle was first seen at the 1932 world auto fair held in germany. designed by ferdinand porsche for adolf hitler in his dream of making an affordable car for the people. it was discontinued for us distribution by 1980 due to federal safety and emissions requirements including mandatory front disc brakes on all passenger vehicles.
ok, on the early mustangs how could you distinguish a V8 model from a 6 cyl. model without opening the hood???
i'm gonna play lego's with my son now.

Are you guys speaking English? I understand the occasional word here and there, but most of it just goes right by. Guess it shows I am not a car guy, huh?

Scott

sorry scott. yes we are speaking english. i hope you at least undersood the comments about peeing and legos. just kidding. unfortunately, i am a car guy. i used to love building hot rods, jacking up 4 x 4's and all that fun stuff. now i hate working on cars, they are all shit boxes, and the industry sucks. but talking about hot rods is fun.