Sanctuary is in Brutal Legend

EricT

Don't you ever get...
Aug 25, 2005
Lost In Necropolis
Soon to be out game from the best game designer EVER (tim schafer), Brutal Legend, has now released the tracks featured in the game. And the list of tracks featured is pretty damn good:

Edit: And no, this isn't some faggy guitar hero-esque game...

* 3 INCHES OF BLOOD - Deadly Sinners
* 3 INCHES OF BLOOD - Destroy The Orcs
* ACCEPT - Fast As A Shark
* ANGEL WITCH - Angel Witch
* ANTHRAX - Metal Thrashing Mad
* ANVIL - March of the Crabs
* ANVIL - Tag Team
* APOSTASY - Sulphur Injection
* BISHOP OF HEXEN - A Serpentine Grave
* BISHOP OF HEXEN - The Somber Grounds of Truth
* BLACK SABBATH - Children of the Grave
* BLACK SABBATH - Symptom of the Universe
* BLACK SABBATH - Never Say Die
* BROCAS HELM - Cry of the Banshee
* BROCAS HELM - Drink the Blood of the Priest
* BUDGIE - Breadfan
* BUDGIE - Zoom Club
* CANDLEMASS - Witches
* CARCASS - No Love Lost
* CLOVEN HOOF - Nightstalker
* CHILDREN OF BODOM - Angels Don't Kill
* CORONER - Skeleton on your Shoulder
* CRADLE OF FILTH - Her Ghost in the Fog
* CRIMSON GLORY - Queen of the Masquerade
* DARK FORTRESS - Insomnia
* DARK TRANQUILITY - Cathode Ray Sunshine
* DEATHSTARS - Blitzkrieg
* DEF LEPPARD - Rock of Ages
* DETHKLOK - Mermaider
* DIAMOND HEAD - Am I Evil?
* DIMMU BORGIR - Progenies of the Great Apocalypse
* DOKKEN - Mr. Scary
* DRAGONFORCE - Through the Fire and Flames
* EMPEROR - Thus Spake The Nightspirit
* ENSLAVED - Frost
* ENSLAVED - Loke
* FIREHOUSE - Overnight Sensation
* GIRLSCHOOL - Bomber
* ICED EARTH - When the Night Falls
* ICED EARTH - Pure Evil
* IN FLAMES - Goliaths Disarm Their Davids
* JUDAS PRIEST - Battle Hymn
* JUDAS PRIEST - The Hellion/Electric Eye
* JUDAS PRIEST - Leather Rebel
* JUDAS PRIEST - One Shot At Glory
* JUDAS PRIEST - Painkiller
* KABBAGE BOY - Girlfriend
* KMFDM - Free Your Hate
* KMFDM - Rip The System
* KING DIAMOND - Cremation
* KING DIAMOND - Welcome Home
* KISS - God of Thunder
* LITA FORD - Betrayal
* MARILYN MANSON - Beautiful People
* MANOWAR - Die For Metal
* MANOWAR - The Dawn Of Battle
* MASTODON - Crack the Skye
* MASTODON - Oblivion (instrumental)
* MEGADETH - High Speed Dirt
* MEGADETH - Tornado of Souls
* METAL CHURCH - Metal Church
* MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP - Assault Attack
* MINISTRY - Stigmata
* MINISTRY - Thieves
* MIRRORTHRONE - So Frail
* MÖTLEY CRÜE - Dr. Feelgood
* MÖTLEY CRÜE - Kickstart My Heart
* MÖTLEY CRÜE - Live Wire
* MOTÖRHEAD - Back at the Funny Farm
* MOTÖRHEAD - In the Black
* MOTÖRHEAD - Marching Off to War
* MOTÖRHEAD - We Are the Road Crew
* NITRO - Machine Gun Eddie
* OMEN - The Axeman
* OSTROGOTH - Queen of Desire
* OVERKILL - World of Hurt
* OZZY OSBOURNE - Believer
* OZZY OSBOURNE - Mr. Crowley
* OZZY OSBOURNE - Diary of a Madman
* PRONG - Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck
* QUIET RIOT - The Wild and the Young
* RACER X - Technical Difficulties
* RACER X - Y.R.O.
* RATT - Lay It Down
* RIOT - Road Racin'
* RIOT - Narita
* RIOT - Swords and Tequila
* ROB ZOMBIE - Superbeast
* ROTTING CHRIST - Ad Notics
* RUNNING WILD - Riding the Storm
* SANCTUARY - Battle Angels
* SAVATAGE - Hall of the Mountain King
* SAXON - Wheels of Steel
* SCORPIONS - Blackout
* SCORPIONS - Holiday
* SKELETONWITCH - Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery
* SKID ROW - Youth Gone Wild
* SLAYER - Metal Storm/Face The Slayer
* SLOUGH FEG - Warriors Dawn
* STATIC-X - Love Dump
* TENACIOUS D - Master Exploder
* TENACIOUS D - The Metal
* TESTAMENT - For The Glory Of
* TESTAMENT - More Than Meets The Eye
* TVANGESTE - Birth of the Hero
* UFO - Rock Bottom
* WHITESNAKE - Still of the Night
* WRATH OF KILLENSTEIN - Ignisis Dance

Rock bottom is groovy, good call on that one. Tim schaefer is awesome. This will be fun when it comes out.

Whoa, rad. Goliaths Disarm Their Davids is probably the best In Flames song ever.

So wtf is this game all about?

"Brütal Legend follows the story of Eddie Riggs (named after Eddie the Head, the mascot of Iron Maiden, and Derek Riggs, the artist who created him, voiced by Jack Black), who is the world's best roadie for the world's worst heavy metal band.[4] The game begins one night before a gig. As Riggs is tuning a guitar, an accident happens and he starts to bleed. His blood drips onto his cursed belt buckle, which is really an amulet for Ormagöden, "The Fire Beast, Cremator of the Sky, and Destroyer of the Ancient World".[4] Ormagöden awakens and transports Eddie into a heavy metal and Nordic fantasy inspired alternate history where demons have enslaved humanity. Eddie comes to learn that the fantasy world was created by a race of ancient Titans that left numerous relics and instructions for the following generations behind for them to use to build upon, but neither humans nor demons could decipher their meanings. Only Eddie, due to his roadie skills, is able to make sense of their meanings and can put the Titans' wisdom to use.[9]

Eddie escapes the Temple of Ormagöden where he first arrives in the world. Eddie meets Ophelia, a love interest likened to the same character from Shakespeare's Hamlet. Ophelia is soon severely injured and Riggs must climb a mystical mountain to do battle with a motorcycle-driving bass guitarist called the Kill Master (voiced by Motörhead's Lemmy Kilmister). Eddie soon meets Lita Halford and her younger brother, Lars, who help Eddie and Ophelia start a resistance movement against Lord Doviculus (voiced by Tim Curry), his glam metal minion, General Lionwhyte (voiced by Rob Halford) (whose hair is so luscious he uses it to fly) and their legions of demons to free the world.[4] Eddie will also encounter the local wildlife, including half-boar/half-motorcycle "Razorfires", a giant three-tongued lamprey, and giant chrome spiders that spin silk which can be made into magical bass strings.

After the first act of the game, Eddie will deal with a community of humans who willingly fight alongside the demons. They wear black and "drink from a sea of black tears. It gives them great power but also makes them look dead." These humans are parodies of Goth and Emo[citation needed]. These enemies include "Grave Diggers", "Brides" and "Reapers".

In the game's first trailer, a demon tells Eddie that his belt buckle is a mask "forged from the steel flesh of the fire beast", and that it was meant for "a god, [not for you. Not for...] a roadie". Eddie then snaps the demon's neck and charges into battle with the Headbangers to the tunes of Black Sabbath's "The Mob Rules". The trailer also shows that Eddie has the ability to sprout wings so he can fly. According to the Game Informer article, "his blood hides a dark secret and his wings are the proof"."

That's so stereotype cheesy it's pretty awesome.

If you've played Psychonauts, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, The Secret of Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, or Day of the Tentacle... you'll have a good idea of the kind of strangely awesome and hilarious story that's going to be present.

If you've played Psychonauts, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, The Secret of Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, or Day of the Tentacle... you'll have a good idea of the kind of strangely awesome and hilarious story that's going to be present.

Yeah, and I loved those. Now he's telling PC users to go fuck themselves. Guess Double Fine won't be seeing any of my money this time.

Yeah, and I loved those. Now he's telling PC users to go fuck themselves. Guess Double Fine won't be seeing any of my money this time.

I'm sure it'll come on steam eventually... these days it's the publishers fucking the PC user because they are able to upcharge consoles more with bullshit DLC, etc. that the idiots keep buying, where as that shit doesn't fly too well on the PC users.

Plus, we're dealing with EA in this situation. They REALLY hate when they can't fuck over people.

I'm sure it'll come on steam eventually... these days it's the publishers fucking the PC user because they are able to upcharge consoles more with bullshit DLC, etc. that the idiots keep buying, where as that shit doesn't fly too well on the PC users.

Plus, we're dealing with EA in this situation. They REALLY hate when they can't fuck over people.

I can throw a rock and hit EA from where I work. I'm gonna go over there after work and bitch out some poor receptionist who has nothing to do with that sort of decision.