Ford can kiss my ass!

O.k. I'm not saying your wrong , but I'm not finding anything that relates RR to the slant 6. All the articles I've read say Chrysler developed the Slant 6 for the Valiant prototype line of cars. I'm a Chysler person myself, I'd never heard this so I was just wondering about it.

CyThrax said:
My family has had good luck with all the GM vehicles we have owned. The Chevy trucks hold up well to the farm work. Both the Ford products my mom and dad have owned (Ranger and Mercury Sable) were terrible. My wife's uncle works at a Dodge dealership, so I drive a Dakota. I hope it lasts me for a long time.
Did your parents use the Ranger on the farm? I never had a problem with mine except for the wifes driving. :lol:

DarbysDad said:
Did your parents use the Ranger on the farm? I never had a problem with mine except for the wifes driving. :lol:

Yeah, we used it on the farm, but nothing too heavy duty. Dad had an S-10 before that and that was a great truck. He had nothing but problems with the Ranger. Since then he's driven Chevy Silverados. Those have been good, only thing I don't like about them is they sit way too low (my dakota sits up higher than his full-size).

Our real "beater" truck is an old '73 Ford F-150? that's 2WD, is booger green and has a kick-ass bull-horn (kind of sounds like a real old car horn) It was my very first car-bought it for $600 from our mechanic when I was 14. I can't believe the thing is still going, burns a ton of oil, though, and being 2WD it sucks in the winter.

I think if you're from a small rural community or a farm, its a rule that you have to love pickups.

I want my gumball prize. The Slant six is all Mopar. It was designed in the early sixties by Ma Mopar as a 170 cubic in. It was never supposed to increase in size, but it did, but the valve size never increased just the cubes, hence the shitty performance. I want my prize!!!!!!!!!!! LOL