Forgotten Woods

necro_jesus

Wipe out every last human
Mar 4, 2005
canada
I figured this forum would be fairly appropriate to post this in, as FW's older material was very melancholic, and they are often credited as being one of and even sometimes THE originators of the depressive black metal genre.

Honestly, this band is easily my favorite Black Metal band. I don't care much for the majority of bands in the genre, as they lack creativity, imagination, and art as a whole, but this band is something to give a listen to.

Their older albums were quite entertaining, as they mixed folk music and depressive black metal together, along with occasional progressive riffs and harmonicas and choir-ish vocals.

Something; however, that strikes me...is their latest album, "Race of Cain."
It is definitely NOT depressive Black Metal, but rather an onslaught of experimentation between raw basement-like recorded Black Metal, psychedelic solos, female vocals, folk elements, punk inspired riffs, anti-religious samples, and lyrics regarding Social Darwinism, Totalitarianism, and topics relating to satanism.
I recommend this album to everyone on this board. It has moments of melancholy, it also has moments of absolute hatred. It is the ugliest album I have ever heard, and great for miserable days and experiences.

I felt I needed to bring this band up, as I am obsessed with them lately, and have been for some time now. The power trip I get on songs like "Third Eye," "Intolerance is the New Law," and "One day," is like this absolute megalomania of arrogance, but with a lack of care for the ignorance.

I forgot to mention...

www.myspace.com/forgottenwoods

i just found out about these guys a couple weeks ago, i havent heard the new album, although you may be thinking of the album they just realeased which is a re released version of all there old demos and stuff.

i just have the curse of mankind, which is an awesome album, especially "with swans ill share my thirst", great instrumental.

i just went through "in the nightside eclipse" by emperor, now THAT is amazing black metal:heh: haha, just teasing, forgotton woods are amazing great thread

Glad to see someone else who enjoys "With Swans I'll share my thirst."
Possibly my favorite song by them!