Former Sentenced guitarist passed away.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Miika Tenkula, former lead guitarist and main songwriter of the acclaimed Finnish band SENTENCED, was found dead at his home on Thursday, February 19. He was 35 years old.
Nalle Österman (GANDALF, LULLACRY, CHAOSBREED) tells BLABBERMOUTH.NET, "It's true, confirmed personally by [former SENTENCED] drummer Vesa Ranta.
"The fact remains that Miika had a serious drinking problem for many years which escalated after SENTENCED was buried. They don't call it King Alcohol for nothing...
"The metal scene in Finland mourns now for one of the most talented metal guitarists to ever emerge from [the country]."
The official cause of Miika's death has not yet been released.

A pity indeed, I love Sentenced from "Down" to "The Funeral Album", I was so sad when they disbanded and now this :cry:.

NP: Sentenced - "Down"

A friend of mine who is a huge Sentenced fan told me about this. I never really got into their early stuff, but I love everything with Laihiala. The Buried Alive DVD is awesome.

R.I.P. Miika :cry:

The band former members had issued a brief statement regarding the issue:

The defunct Finnish metallers have issued the following statement: "Sentenced mourn the loss of Miika Tenkula, a dear friend, a truly remarkable artist and musician, and the very soul of what used to be Sentenced. Rest now, brother - in your music and our hearts you will live forever."

Watch an official farewell video here: (Click here to open link)

Source: SENTENCED