Forum Addiction

lol kinda :lol:
sometimes when im gone away for a day or so and dont get a chance to be on the computer i start thinking, i wonder what the people are talking about in the opeth message board.... or i wonder if anyone responded to my post. i guess im sad :)

i'm obviously completely addicted. i check it all day at home and at work (where i currently am :mad: ). i feel like i know you guys. dune and i sometimes talk about the board, and we call people by their screennames like they're real names. i should be embarassed, but what the hell, i'm having fun.

I am the same way, very anal about checkin this forum... lately I havn't been checking too much cause I'm sucked into doing other things :(

Oh and to "Oyo" why aren't you on AIM anymore? Get on some man, we havn't talked in a while...

I've weened (sp?) myself off of it somewhat recently. Actually, that's happened forceably, rather than by choice. Now it's one of the many things I struggle to do when I can get time with the computer. Every now and then now I'll go a day or two without checking the forum (actually, I was without computer for THREE DAYS recently), and I find it harder to keep up with the more in-depth philosophy discussions that originally was the thing that put this forum so far above most online chat/forum experiences for me (I still haven't responded to EVIL on that other thread... oh well).

Orchid and I talk about people on the forum by their screennames online... heh, he always refers to his bandmates by their screennames to me. It's kinda strange, I suppose, but actually rather logical, all in all. For me that's fine, though, people call me "Hoser" in real life, so it's certainly a natural thing here.

Winter-frost: I don't have an addiction............ really I can stop whenever I want
Yep, I could stop coming to the central point of Opeth news/fans anytime! :lol: It is not like I carry all 5 albums with me everywhere, and have now been banned from playing Opeth at work, 'for my own *mental* health' :lol: ... :eek: nah...I'm not addicted!

It's part of my morning net-check ritual. Email accounts, Sinfest, Living in Grey Town, occasionally RateMyFace or Sparkmatch, then this (since it takes the longest to go through). I leave the forum on when I'm in the shower and check it again when I'm out. It's where I go when the rest of the net bores me, since I know that I can always respond to SOMETHING here.

So yeah, I'm addicted. I realized that when I was talking about the forum to friends, and hilarious things I'd read, or provocative things Satori had brought up ;)

You're like a little anonymous family. Well, big anonymous family, I suppose. And not one of those families where one or two people have dominance and talk all the time. We all share equal screen-time, and we're uncensored.

And we still have the most posts. :D

Yeah, I love this place! :lol:

NP: Cream, "White Room" (what a good song.)

Perhaps i cannot say im addicted, because im rather new here, but i also caught myself going into the net just for checking out the opeth forum... its just very interesting to see the opinions of the other opeth fans about songs etc.
...am i already addicted??:confused:

idun if you get this message within 10 minutes then yep, your addicted! this is a good thing :devil:

yeah, im the same, and how dare any of you call godisanathiest addicted!!!:p , hes just lonely:lol: , but yeah seriously i do check all the time, this is the only good site on the net, i dont know any other good ones.

Originally posted by _Transparent_
yeah, im the same, and how dare any of you call godisanathiest addicted!!!:p , hes just lonely:lol: , but yeah seriously i do check all the time, this is the only good site on the net, i dont know any other good ones.

:lol: I'll get revenge ;) I'm not lonely, I just piss my friend off by spending so much time on here, and my girlfriend thinks I have a net addiction! As this is the only board I post on it isn't that bad tho :p But its soo true about the hitting refresh and being dissapointed. And checking like evry 10 mins :D

Uhuh. Yep. I'm there. :)

I'll read all the posts, then realize there's nothing else to say and be like, "Well, I guess I better go." :cry: I've been known to mention the screen names of others to people outside of the online world. It's pretty funny actually. Yeah, this is pretty much all I look forward to when I come online. The Opeth Forum. What an awesome place.

I'm addicted. Sure! Can you blame me? You guys rule. :)