Is this the Opeth Forum?

In general, we are in the "Calm before the Storm" in the Opeth camp and by "Calm" I mean we haven't heard shit other than what you can read on the official site....and that's not much. That has made for either a dead forum, a flame war over "What is the story of Still Life again?" or a bit more of a relaxed atmosphere where our little Opeth Clique chats regarding more expanded topics.. We as mods are not asleep at the wheel.. just not being so strict currently. It would be nice if people would look instead of just post new threads when there are already 4 threads that are basically the same... we'll do some locking and deleting (and we actually have been doing that already by the way) to keep it as clean as possible without being "Thread Nazi's"... ok? If anyone has new info, questions or topics to stimulate new intelligent "Opeth Only" discussion.... we would all love to see it. Now play nice.

Out. :devil:

magic_elf said:
The reason for this is because i really can't think of anything half-assed or retarded to post that would be accepted by many of the members here.
come on, man. i own up to a ridiculous amount of absurdly long posts which contain virtually no useful information and yet everyone likes and accepts me. uhh, right guys?.........guys?

Mr Samsara said:
In general, we are in the "Calm before the Storm" in the Opeth camp
Storm? Flood? Maboooooool.

Sanzen said:
You will never be as cool as anyone else on this board. except longinus
:lol:

seriously though, if you have an issue with the quality of topics, then start. your. own. i grant you this magic power. the reason why there's not a lot of Opeth stuff posted is because we're all sitting around watching the paint dry until the new album comes out.

People will always find something to complain about.

I can almost guarantee you, had this place remained strictly on-topic, we'd have people complaining that there is nothing to talk about in regards to Opeth. And think about it - there isn't. They're on the verge of a new album... we haven't had anything to actually *say* about Opeth for a while... it's all been said. Unless you fancy more 'which is your favourite song?' threads.

I think it's good that people are finding other musical things to talk about. As far as the PT threads... I merged the major ones into one big thread.

Good call Moonlapse.

I must say of all the message boards I visit you've got to be the best moderator there is. You're casual but you still get the job done.

:D

magic_elf said:
Actually this is my second account i have had on ultimatemetal, I forgot the correct username for the first account after a long absence. So i have actually been visiting these forums since 2003ish, but only have posted maybe twice. The reason for this is because i really can't think of anything half-assed or retarded to post that would be accepted by many of the members here. I guess im sorry for not posting about slapping people with my cell phones, or how mike looks like jesus every chance i get. I guess i really don't have much intrest in petty things such as that. I also apoligize for being a "fag" i guess i really didn't realize that by posting something that isnt widely accepted i have changed my complete sexual identity. Another thing, i suppose i am not necessarily upset at the amount of crap topics, but how every good topic becomes nothing but shit after 5 posts, which furthers my reluctancy to post.

Oh well, I guess one day after a tragic accident in which i lose nearly 75% of my mental functions i can come back and be as cool as you Sanzen. :headbang:
Don't worry about it man, and welcome to the Opeth forum, or welcome back.
\m/

Moonlapse said:
haha, thanks. Just glad to know some of you guys are still happy.
don't sweat it. there just hasn't been much to talk about for...man, since i joined last summer :lol: ...if people don't like it they don't have to post.

how many pages are there on this forum? 398. If you think that something hasn't been covered somewhere in there, by all means, start your own amazingly unique topic.

Until Opeth releases information about what they have accomplished in the studio, I don't see any harm in my fellow Opeth fans discussing the music that they are into. Even if it isn't exactly related to Opeth, it allows you to explore other bands that someone with very similar tastes likes. This would not be as easy on a General Music forum where people don't necessarily share the same interests.

Metalloid said:
how many pages are there on this forum? 398. If you think that something hasn't been covered somewhere in there, by all means, start your own amazingly unique topic.

Until Opeth releases information about what they have accomplished in the studio, I don't see any harm in my fellow Opeth fans discussing the music that they are into. Even if it isn't exactly related to Opeth, it allows you to explore other bands that someone with very similar tastes likes. This would not be as easy on a General Music forum where people don't necessarily share the same interests.

metalloid...where in southern ca are you?