Is this the Opeth Forum?

magicelf

Jun 17, 2004
I come to this forum almost everyday hoping to see some stuff on Opeth, because this forum is titled "Offical Opeth Forum". Now here is my predicament; the whole first page contains nothing but Porcupine Tree crap and other stuff that is barely related to Opeth. Now here is my question; Did this forum name somehow get mixed up? Why isn't this crap in the general discussion? What does Moonlapse even do in terms of moderating besides locking posts denying any aspect of Porcupine Tree's so called greatness? Who is Jack Frober? Why don't you guys create a Porcupine Tree forum? Or better yet Why don't you post in Porcupines Tree's offical forums?
:Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin:

bleh im bored....

i'm sorry do you have any real input? maybe a question or something about opeth? if you do feel free, please, go ahead, or maybe just parouse the back pages, kplzthx

''i'm sorry do you have any real input? maybe a question or something about opeth? if you do feel free, please, go ahead, or maybe just parouse the back pages, kplzthx''

I think though if he did ask any question about opeth, he would definatley get called a noob or he would be mocked for his question because it most probably wouldve been asked before, as most people on the forum are pretty harsh when it comes to decent threads, Opeth fans are a breed of snobby people, i for one am one of them.

depends on the question man, if he had something to ask about the story of still life there's about 400 thousand threads on that topic, all he has to do is look. the point is he's never even posted here and he's complaining about it.

I agree with the magic elf. This place sucks right now. I didn't mind the PT threads at first, when there were maybe two. We had the official PT thread, and then after its creation, idiots created a few more. Now we have threads on bands not related to Opeth in the slightest way (Aviv Geffen, Dredg, Agalloch, Cynic, probably another one by the time I reload the page) There is a General Music Discussion board on this site where you can discuss these bands. Can we please have some moderation here?

magic_elf said:
I come to this forum almost everyday hoping to see some stuff on Opeth,

Hmm, yet this is the first time you've posted, you've only been registered since Feb. 2005, and you never take it upon yourself to START an Opeth-related thread, and you add to what you hate by making this thread! Sorry dude, these four things make you a fucking faggot.

The way I see this board isn't like a place to strictly talk about Opeth; I see it more like a place where people who like Opeth can hang around, talk about Opeth AND music and funny stuff in general. If this board becomes "ANYTHING NOT OPETH WILL BE DELETED", I'll peace out. of course, I don't run this board, so the way I see it doesn't really matter. But hey, you're still a fag! LOL! :cool:

^^ It used to be like that about a year ago, but soon the moderators realised that there is simply nothing Opeth related left to talk about until the new album comes out.

Nichrome said:
^^ It used to be like that about a year ago, but soon the moderators realised that there is simply nothing Opeth related left to talk about until the new album comes out.

Yeah, and I remember that's why I didn't join back then....i really hope they don't decide to go back to that. Then I'd probably have to go do stuff after drinking. :(

Sanzen said:
Hmm, yet this is the first time you've posted, you've only been registered since Feb. 2005, and you never take it upon yourself to START an Opeth-related thread, and you add to what you hate by making this thread! Sorry dude, these four things make you a fucking faggot.

The way I see this board isn't like a place to strictly talk about Opeth; I see it more like a place where people who like Opeth can hang around, talk about Opeth AND music and funny stuff in general. If this board becomes "ANYTHING NOT OPETH WILL BE DELETED", I'll peace out. of course, I don't run this board, so the way I see it doesn't really matter. But hey, you're still a fag! LOL! :cool:

Actually this is my second account i have had on ultimatemetal, I forgot the correct username for the first account after a long absence. So i have actually been visiting these forums since 2003ish, but only have posted maybe twice. The reason for this is because i really can't think of anything half-assed or retarded to post that would be accepted by many of the members here. I guess im sorry for not posting about slapping people with my cell phones, or how mike looks like jesus every chance i get. I guess i really don't have much intrest in petty things such as that. I also apoligize for being a "fag" i guess i really didn't realize that by posting something that isnt widely accepted i have changed my complete sexual identity. Another thing, i suppose i am not necessarily upset at the amount of crap topics, but how every good topic becomes nothing but shit after 5 posts, which furthers my reluctancy to post.

Oh well, I guess one day after a tragic accident in which i lose nearly 75% of my mental functions i can come back and be as cool as you Sanzen. :headbang: