Official Opeth Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
while you're heading out the door plz delete all your terrible CD reviews as well. They make me want to never buy a CD again.

Oinkness said:
Needless to say the maturity of this forum has dropped a ton. The moderating is being handled by one guy when it should probably be a team of strict nuns with rulers or something. The addition of the "Non-Topic" forum has really not helped at all, and I regret suggesting it now... It really did not help the forum at all.

Believe it or not I've used the Opeth forum since 2001 when I first discovered this UM community. Back then you'd post a thread or reply, and then you would actually wait a day or two to get a reply... now that is almost instant and a lot less rewarding than it should be. Tons of posts. I'd gladly wait 2 or 3 days to get a decent reply to anything here like it used to be. All anyone can expect now is a ton of replies telling them they suck, their thread sucks, and whatnot. Anyone can see that by looking at ANY THREAD. Just look at THIS THREAD. I knew it was coming because this happens constantly. I'd like to know who is the authority on good threads and where can one be found? :erk:

BUT, overall, what saddens me the most is that Opeth the band has to put up with this crap. Mikael Akerfeldt, who actually comes once in a while to talk to the fans has to put up with this crap. Also, Opeth.com (Mike's wife Anna a.f.a.i.k.) who is also one of the moderators of this forum has to put up with the crap and the bashing of her husband and all this nonsense. Sure, call me a hypocrite, as I have made such bashatory threads as the "Mike Vs. KsE" thread but anyone with a fraction of a brain would have been able to know that was a joke, even saying Opeth and KsE in the same sentence is blasphemy.

In conclusion.... Yes, I've grown out of that "trollish funk" that I was in but a lot of people still haven't. I've contemplated leaving the forum, but in the end I'm not going to let a few childish bastards stop me from using a forum I've used for so many years, after all I'm not here for them, I'm here for Opeth. So,

Cheers, Opeth! :headbang:

Keep up the great work.

Oh and I forgot this, Moonlapse was a good moderator and he will be missed. If you're reading this, take care dude.

Man. As I sit here contemplating what I am to write... it occurs to me that I've already gone far beyond the likes of any mortal trying to explain complex concepts like "Common Sense" to you and it's just pointless. You are a weed in the Opeth Garden. Adios.

Let me make it clear to the rest of you that my actions in banning Oinkness were prompted by his current and past actions here at UM, period..... not like I should have to explain that, but many were calling for his head and that doesn't mean shit to me. Just an FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.