Opeth Tribute Album

Not entirely sure but I think it was a forumup overhaul or something. I gave up trying to figure it out because I was ill, but yeah seems to be ok now. Don't think it was anything to do with us, but I dunno. There is supposed to be loads of new features too or something.

For those interested, the Opeth tribute album is still going, still being worked on and we are still waiting for more people to contribute covers. Anything that is pretty good will make the final album. Some pretty awesome covers have been contributed already, (be sure to check out :Wreath:'s cover of When, its awesome) so if you want to be part, do not hesitate and come to http://opethtributealbum.forumup.com, sign up and contribute to the album. Contribute music, artwork, anything that will be useful to the album.

I did a cover of The Amen Corner without bass and vocals a while back. I'm not really sure... it doesn't really match up to my own standards of a good recording, but if you guys are interested, I could pass it by you.

Moonlapse said:
I did a cover of The Amen Corner without bass and vocals a while back. I'm not really sure... it doesn't really match up to my own standards of a good recording, but if you guys are interested, I could pass it by you.

Of course, it doesn't really matter if the recording is done with a tape recorder, its still a tribute to the band! But I know your "below standard recording" is still probably better than some of our best recording anyway!

We want the best recordings people can provide, but I don't think anyone should be turned down, if its a tribute to Opeth thats what this is for, and once again that includes anything Opethian, artwork, help with the site and forum, whatever you can contribute! :D

Looking forwards to hearing everyones stuff as always!

Finally found the thread again! Check out the guy aboves Ending Credits, its really good! We have so many cool songs already done, lets keep it up! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next!

Ganza said:
I've already made a cover of "Ending Credits"

http://mandrache.com/Mandrache_Full_EC-01.mp3

I was thinking of changing the dynamics of the second part and making the rhythm acoustic guitars into electric distorted ones.

So please tell me what you think of the one I've already made and if I should give that change a try.

I think you could use a bit more expression on the lead guitar part. Part of what makes that track great is that it has 'Mike' written all over it. That means vibrato... bend, more vibrato, slides, dead notes. Everything. Try spice it up a bit.