opeth tribute

Originally posted by Hearse
Damn I wish I can get pod 2 in my hands when I record those guitars...

I've got one :p

What will you use, anyway?

Aha...that sounds good. Are you recording with a computer mic or a better one?

Also, if i do mix the final thing, i beg you guys...use low gain and high mid levels. You know, like Opeth's sound. Or else i'm gonna have a hard time to make it sound clear and punchy. Low gain and high mid levels equals clarity and power....

Originally posted by Opeth
Oh yeah, sure. Right. Whatever. Prove it!

Good lord, at least give me some time to learn the song. I started learning it the night I read this thread, so it's not like I am being lazy and not bothering to record a song i already know. I am 8 minutes through it on one of the guitars though, so I'm making progress. I also wonder how much the other guys who are covering songs are willing to change the songs....personally, I'm going to give it a shot. I probably won't take anything out, (maybe a few repetitions), but I will add.

"I also wonder how much the other guys who are covering songs are willing to change the songs"

Oh, I'm completely rewriting my cover version, it'll be unrecognisable (well, the original was really short, so I'm borrowing riffs to flesh it out). My view to doing covers is that you should put your own 'spin' on it, if you just copy the original then what's the point :D

Originally posted by Gnuckell
Aha...that sounds good. Are you recording with a computer mic or a better one?

We have one a bit better, an AKG-770 or something like that, worth about 120 euros (or bucks), so we'll use it unless we record the guitars at the rehearal pad (the other band has Shure SM-57 beta there).

Also, if i do mix the final thing, i beg you guys...use low gain and high mid levels. You know, like Opeth's sound. Or else i'm gonna have a hard time to make it sound clear and punchy. Low gain and high mid levels equals clarity and power....

See, Hearse? SEE?!

Right here:
high mid levels equals clarity

So there.

:lol:

(I'm a bit of a "mid-freak", myself. I like the sound, whereas Hearse always mixes using the "traditional V-shape" on EQ, i.e. boosting low and high frequencies and cutting the middles. Tut-tut. :p)

Originally posted by TyrantOfFlames
What song are you doing, yourdeadgroom? Sounds like it's one of the instrumentals. Silhouette?
Prologue.

Yes, really ;)
That's why I'm borrowing a couple of riffs from other songs (one of them's off 'into the frost of winter' or whatever it's called (y'know, that bonus track), and hasn't been used on any other song, so I feel fine using it), and I'll borrow the lyrics to another song (not sure which yet) just so I can have some contrast. It's going to be pure Thergothon worship (Funeral Doom), I did some work on it today, and I thought I was playing slowly, but listening back to my recording, I still need to slow down alot! :lol: It's going to melt people :D

I have a bass. I don't get to really play it much anymore due to my guitar duties. But I'll be happy to the bass for this shin dig. Purely just cause of the respect I have for Opeth, and what their music has done for me.
I'm pretty busy with getting Unthroned moving along well, but I could make time to do it. Plus if Dave is gonna be involved me and him could work at the same time, and use my studio and such.
I dunno, up to you. Offer's there

Originally posted by Orchid
(I'm a bit of a "mid-freak", myself. I like the sound, whereas Hearse always mixes using the "traditional V-shape" on EQ, i.e. boosting low and high frequencies and cutting the middles.

Oh well, more work for me :p

How's it working out anyway?

Please let me do the vocals. I can growl with the best of them and I can sing clean well too!! I can record onto an MP3 or WAV file on my computer. Send me the music, I'll put my vocals and mix them at a proper level, and we will impress the world. Hehe.

Tyrantofmisspellingusernames:
Good lord, at least give me some time to learn the song. I started learning it the night I read this thread, so it's not like I am being lazy and not bothering to record a song i already know.

Lazy. Lazy. Lazy. That's all I hear. Excuses. Excuses.
corkysm84.gif

yourdeadgroom:
Prologue. Yes, really ;) That's why I'm borrowing a couple of riffs from other songs (one of them's off 'into the frost of winter' or whatever it's called (y'know, that bonus track), and hasn't been used on any other song, so I feel fine using it), and I'll borrow the lyrics to another song (not sure which yet) just so I can have some contrast. It's going to be pure Thergothon worship (Funeral Doom), I did some work on it today, and I thought I was playing slowly, but listening back to my recording, I still need to slow down alot! It's going to melt people.

:lol: Sweet. Can I ask...is there a "release date" yet? :p No, but seriously, it sounds really cool. I mean, it's obvious you weren't just going for a cover...a lot of different things where considered and it sounds like it'll kill...or as you say, melt. :lol:

Hopefully it'll be done by the end of the week, though maybe not (depends on a few things). Currently only has the 2 riffs I mentioned, but I'm wondering if it needs another one. We'll see..... (oh, and it's currently at 35 beats-per-minute, and if the tempo changes at all before I've finalised it, it'll be to make it slower :lol: )