opeth tribute

if you dont know the solos then someone else can do them :p I could certainly transcribe them easily enough i imagine.

Gimme a decent guitar, a drummer, bassist, vocalist (prefferably one that can growl), and some average recording equipment and I'll give you your first step. Then you wouldn't be taking the first step. You'd be sitting there having things brought to you! :lol: Oh, I see...good plan.

Well, you all have it. The means. Orchid can program the drums for April Ethereal. There was no protest from Hearse for the guitars of that one. (Something to keep you busy?) YaYo is picking up any of the solos Hearse can't/don't want to. As far as bass...pffft! I could almost do that. :p j/k! Wisdom Pearl's got the vox. YOU'RE THERE. Yet...no UMPH! to get it going. Huh..

Ya know, this reminds me of those bumper stickers that never happened. I ended up twisting the guy's wanker practically for nothing. I went to another place and ended up with only two miserable decals instead. (They do kick ass, but expensive.)

I can't believe how hard it is to get someone to just make a copy of something and put it on a sticker that's weather resistant. It can't be done as easy/cheap as I thought. cheesy.. My point is I tried. Twice. And I'm not done trying.

So, what can I do to hear an Opeth cover by a few guys in the Opeth forum? Hm. Nothing. Oh, right! The incentive boosting naked photos.....riiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes: I wondered what it'd sound like, Wisdom Pearl. To hear you actually trying to sound like Akerfeldt for once rather than hearing that you sound too much like him. Ya know?

I think it'd kick ass. You got that boob-shot pic yet Butterfly? What kind of film did you use? :err: I'm thinking Kodak. There's GOT to be a way to get a board of Opeth fans to cover at least one song. I do have to say though...Thales did cover Advent. Very cool. Maybe if Marko was added in...

Originally posted by Hearse
how about "The Twilight is my robe" ?

or then lepper affinity or white cluster, but I just leave the solos out... or I improvise something better than opeth has never done? :lol: (roight)

Yeah we could do leper affinity, i know the solos.
I've got some mixing knowledge as well, heh :lol:

...And a POD 2.

Maybe if someone started with a small thing (like patterns in the ivy) then made their way up eventually to the 'real' songs... I would seriously like to help out, but I don't have the means, and lack the 'experienced' edge of talent... I"m alright, but I've only been playing for a year so I don't really compare to most of you guys.

But yeah, if someone can just grab an acoustic guitar drill out a couple apreggios and use some cheap synth keyboard, we got us a patterns in the making baby!!!! :)

i can attempt some vox(many people can try , and you guys can pick the best)....i can only do harsh though no clean(unless you want a good laugh)

Originally posted by Moonlapse
Maybe if someone started with a small thing (like patterns in the ivy) then made their way up eventually to the 'real' songs... I would seriously like to help out, but I don't have the means, and lack the 'experienced' edge of talent... I"m alright, but I've only been playing for a year so I don't really compare to most of you guys.

But yeah, if someone can just grab an acoustic guitar drill out a couple apreggios and use some cheap synth keyboard, we got us a patterns in the making baby!!!! :)

I think we have a solution here...also, since nobody seem interested in playing A HOLE SONG...why not doing a meddley which would consist in a cement of everybody respective part...that would be great I think!!!!

I'm far from an experienced guitar player [I began 1 month ago] so maybe the first riff of Patterns In The Ivy would be great for me...as well as the picking intro of TBYF, the intro of credence but still have difficulties with this one...
how about it?

ya someone do drum tracks for leper affinity and send it to everyone who knows that on guitar. then we all see who can make better guitar tracks and the cover so far will be sent to someone to make vocals for it!!!

i know leper affinity perfectly by the way...

I agree that we should get someone to do the drums or programming first, then send that around and see who does the best guitar to it then the vox then we can get someone to mix it all up... but I like changso's idea about a meddley, I think that would be good as at least 1 track... just a jumble of riffs in acoustic (demon of the fall in acoustic sounds pretty good :)).

It's just a matter of anyone actually doing anything... if I had some good recording equipment I would definately get Patterns In The Ivy down... but I don't :(

Once I figure out how to use cakewalk, I will do one of the orchid/morningrise songs (I'm thinking twilight) I can do guitars and vox. If someone else will cover drums and bass, I'm great (i might even be able to do the bass on my own, but I don't know, it depends on how much of a show-off-bass song that one is).

ok maybe we shouldve put a message in this thread.... me and Orchid were discussing and decided to attempt White Cluster... He was going to try and start programming the drums.

So we'll see how that goes. Once its done me and Hearse will be putting down some guitar tracks.. so anyone else who wants to join in just say the word and we can decide how to split it up. (solos (x 2 parts) , leads, distorted rhythm 1, distorted rhythm 2, acoustic guitar, etc... )

Feel free to form other groups of people to do other songs, we don't want only the more experienced musicians getting a go.

A meddley involves a lot of work deciding what to play next and putting all the different parts together.. if someone is willing to do it then go ahead, but i dont see it working to well.

YaYoGakk with all different people recording different riffs and solos within one song, won't it sound sort of disjointed as everyone will be using different recording equipment and guitars and shit??

Originally posted by Moonlapse
YaYoGakk with all different people recording different riffs and solos within one song, won't it sound sort of disjointed as everyone will be using different recording equipment and guitars and shit??
Possibly, but it is only a bit of fun.

If we split up the guitars like i said then it wont matter too much. For example, lead tone has little to do with the rhythm guitar tone, and acoustic guitar tone can be different again. So theres at least 3 parts we could do that could be put together fairly well. The solo sounds like its swapping between peter and mike, or at least between two different parts, so recording them with slightly different sounds wouldnt matter too much either. And then we could split the distorted rhythm guitar over 2 people (i think most of it is twin guitar) who just need to get similar sounds.

I can play most of The Moor, the beggining of The Night and the Silent Water, half of In Mist She Was Standing, and most of Forest of october. I might seem uncommited but the the thing is that I forget everything I learn if I don't practice it regularly. I used to know all of Epilogue, for example, since I was going to play it at a gig but I forgot it after our band fell apart.

Also, if you absolutely cannot find a growler, I'm your man. I've been growling for about a year and I'm rather decent now.