thanks opeth

Actually I have to be honest and say that the "music appreciation" role was played by Tool for me. Then came Opeth ;) I am not saying that Opeth inspired me less, just that Tool were the first to make me retrospect my opinions on music.

Anyhow, thank you Opeth!

It's funny how i used to dislike their sound and switching between mellow and heavy style within songs on the very first times I listened. Then i fell in love with the leper affinity and shortely after with the rest off the BP album. I was in awe for a few days because of that record and I think what makes Opeth so special is the length and diversity of the songs.

Opeth is the band of my 30's, hands down, and I know they will always be my second favorite band ever.

I have had many 2nd favorite bands over the years; most recently Dream Theater in my late 20's who overtook Iced Earth but I am positive that Opeth will never be dethroned from the penultimate position.

It's almost scary how I don't get sick of Opeth. It's been around 5 or 6 years now, and if they haven't grown stale to me by now I really don't think they ever will

I love opeth so much, i got the O tattooed on my left forearm. I think its great that their fans can like all kinds of music and still come together. But alas, I think that could also be the reason that we do not get along from time to time.

Opeth is the band of my 30's, hands down, and I know they will always be my second favorite band ever.

I have had many 2nd favorite bands over the years; most recently Dream Theater in my late 20's who overtook Iced Earth but I am positive that Opeth will never be dethroned from the penultimate position.

It's almost scary how I don't get sick of Opeth. It's been around 5 or 6 years now, and if they haven't grown stale to me by now I really don't think they ever will

Okay I am going to die of curiosity. What's your number one band?!

Yes. Thank you Opeth for being such an awesome band! Most of all, thank you Mr. Akerfeldt for lending your absolute genius musicianship and virtuoso guitar skills to Opeth!

First song: Deliverance
Date: Sometime in 2005

Since then Opeth have pretty much been the only fix for somewhat increasingly heroin like addiction. Nothing gets me like Mikael's growls or clean vocals. Few other bands have such emotive guitarists, or can battle the sheer brutality and awesome of their riffs. They pretty much encompass everything I would ever want to do in music and changed my mind about lots of stuff. Before Opeth the only death metal I liked was early Inflames. Opeth opened up new avenues of music for me like no other band.

Hell, even my Dad ( an anglican priest in his 50's) loves Damnation and other selected songs!

Now if I could just combine them with Dream Theater and me as a member I'd be relatively content ...:p