opeth just f***ing rock!

Evil, like satanistic cult of chopping babies into little pieces for stew evil?
Or Evil, as in like your a goth?
silly goths.... silly kiddies!

x3x opeth x2x said:
yeah me too dude its amazing that such a brutal band can make such beautiful music
it was a good idea alright. wouldnt say amazing. riff riff, growl, growl, acoustic with mellow singing, riff, riff, riff.

The two extremes work so well together. amazing live too. his voice is really good. its good he can do it all live.

"opeth just f***ing rock!"

That is an understatement
;)

They are the most amazing band I have ever heard. The balance of aggression and tranquility, poetic lyrics, song patterns, multiple layers of harmonies, raw emotion (of which can be related to) and the complexity of the music and their sound as a whole is surreal. For the artists reading this thread, have you ever tried listening to them while drawing? I've created some of my best and most interesting work while being under the influence of Opeth (or another band equally intense). It helps channel emotion....
Ugh..i wish i could explain it better..

I know people that say "they suck...blahblah.."...
You can't say that because it is not true. Opinions are different.....you either like them or you don't, and that is fine.

And I agree with jaykeegan.....the brutal side of Opeth does sound...Evil
(which makes it even more delicious).

you want evil...listen to that new britney spears song.

"you're toxic, I"m slipping under" sounds like a katatonia song to me.

i'll have to do a death metal cover here sometime.

evil doesn't resonate for me as much as say, dark... there's a very truthful and even vulnerable sincerity in the lyrics and vocal delivery, which comes through in the music too, of course--there's an intensity and emotional drive in the sound that is raw, honest and meets the dark, chaotic forces of life head on... but all of this is also incredibly beautiful. it's that beauty that stands out for me more than anything. and of course, it fucking rocks too :)

oh, and yes, corporate "culture" products are way more evil. :loco:

i think what ppl are trying to do by saying things like evil and brutal is try to describe a band which is so damn hard to describe. this makes them so awsome to listen to. i could never explian them in words really. to tell someone who has never heard of them what style they are does nothing. you have to hear it to understand! cheers.

T-Rat said:
evil doesn't resonate for me as much as say, dark... there's a very truthful and even vulnerable sincerity in the lyrics and vocal delivery, which comes through in the music too, of course--there's an intensity and emotional drive in the sound that is raw, honest and meets the dark, chaotic forces of life head on... but all of this is also incredibly beautiful. it's that beauty that stands out for me more than anything. and of course, it fucking rocks too

I'll agree to that!