Life's best experience.

I wish I could listen to Still Life for the first time again. Last summer I listened it nonstop and now I feel like I know every riff, vocal line, and solo to the album. It kind of takes the enjoyment out a bit, even if I still love it.

my "life's best experience" would be falling in love for the first and only time, for real.

Drapery Falls was my first Opeth song, and it got me hooked, but it still can't top that...

Okay maybe not lifes BEST! But still amazing.

You know, I really haven't even fallen in love either. Damn.

Beneath the rugged -metal- shell, there lies a lonely heart. ><

If your best life experience is listening to Opeth (or any band for that matter), kill yourself, because your life fucking sucks.
Indeed seeing Opeth live should be the best life experience:heh:.Well I haven't found true love yet!Anyway walking to college one day,I had my MP3 player on shuffle and In My Time Of Need came on which I wasn't aware I had on there.It was a magical experience and I thought I had to download more.First growling song I heard was Under The Weeping Moon,needless to say I was quite suprised but I more or less got into them at a quick pace.

When I first started getting into metal music I remember my friend showing me some Nightrage songs which I liked a lot and that was when I started looking for other bands with similar styles. I heard a couple In Flames songs too and on Amazon I put them in to look for related artists. That's how I found out about Opeth and I downloaded The Moor and Godhead's Lament. Since it was some of the first "death metal" stuff I had ever heard I thought the songs sounded really evil and I was surprised at the song lengths. I wasn't really ready for Opeth at the time so I deleted the songs and after maybe 4 months of building up my metal collection I came back to those songs and was blown away by how evil/epic they sounded.

Indeed seeing Opeth live should be the best life experience:heh:
yes,you're right.i saw opeth live and met mikael and martin.this is the one of my best and the most special life experience!!!:saint:it's hard to find true love :/ but i believe true love will catch us one day :) (sorry for the shitty grammer) :/

The first time I heard opeth was actually at the end of May 2008 (yes this year :) ). I found out about it through Dream Theater and I just heard Damnation... to me sounded really chill and relaxing and very prog but then I knew there was a metal side of it. The first song I heard was Bleak and I thought it was incredible song writing so it made me wanna buy all the releases. I knew Watershed was about to come out so I bought that along with Ghost Reveries and I got hooked on opeth. Then I bought deliverance, blackwater park. Im looking for Still Life but I am still listening to the ones that I have. Opeth is def. an important band that I found and are probably my second favorite band. IT was a great feeling hearing them at the same time just like I found out about Dream Theater in 2005.

Prog Nation didnt come to Philly so Hopefully Opeth comes to Philly or somewhere near by so I can see them this on the next tour. If I were in Turkey this summer, I would have seen them in Istanbul but theres nothing i can do about that.

Overall, great feeling finding out a great band. There is still so much music for me to listen to which is awesome. Honestly, I havent been bored because I still listen to all the albums pretty much during the day... Also a great decision joining the forums... I dont start a lot of threads but I found out a lot of info on here too :)