Your first Opeth song?

The twilight is my robe was the first song i heard from them, it was playing at a local metal show i was at while the bands set up. I found out who it was buy and that's how i got into Opeth.

The first Opeth song I heard was Harvest, because it was getting played CONSTANTLY on Progged Radio at the time. I bought BWP a few weeks later.

I was surfing Amazon a long time ago. I had just heard Cannibal Corpse, and was looking around to see how many other bands sucked shit like them. All these links pointed to this band called Opeth. I checked out BWP cause I liked the album name and saw that all the five-star reviews were talking about how "Harvest" had clean vocals. I totally had to check out a death metal group trying clean vocals. I heard that, then clicked on "Bleak". Was that the same guy? Holy shit! Fan for life.

So, I guess, Harvest was mine.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Wreath - Deliverance was my first Opeth album(newbie!) and I bought it on the strength of a good review I'd read. Glad I did, I fuckin love em!

^^^ im with this kid :O

Mine was "The Leper Affinity" too. I went into a record store with a friend of mine and he bought it. On the cardrive back home we heard it instantly. At that time I wasn't into growls that much so I didn't like imediately. But I liked the kind of composition which was very great I already thought back then.
Then there came "Harvest" and the song strongly reminded me of Led Zeppelin. And it became one of my favourites...

Rock On!

www.stormofsorrows.de

I didn't like any of the Opeth I listened to for a month. But I kept playing it because Bumblefoot told me it rocked. I can't be sure what the first song I heard by them was, I deleted it not long after... it was an 11 minute song I remember... but I'm not sure which one. It may have been "When" how long is that? I forget.

But I remember getting When from Bumblefoot over MSN around the same time and I wasn't really hard into it at first, it was okay and I didn't see what Mikey saw in it. But he sat down with me and explained everything that makes that song awesome IHO and I just nodded in agreement. Later on I'd get more and more songs by him, and Bleak was the first one I liked... then The Drapery Falls. Eventually I bought Blackwater Park and then started liking all the Opeth songs I'd heard a whole lot. :Spin:

now Opeth is my favoritest band evar just above Disarmonia Mundi which I'm jamming to currently.

Hm, well at the time I was heavily into Fear Factory (still like 'em, but not near as much) and I had started talking to a guy on AIM who was from Australia and all he could say was "OPETH OPETH OPETH!" hehe. So he told me to download some stuff, first was Demon of the Fall. I wasn't digging the death vocals of this kind at the time, so then I downloaded To Bid You Farewell. And that was that.

Mine was 'Forest of October'. I heard it when I was like.. age 8-11
Sweet god! thanks for making me feel like a geezer! @_o (figuring that Orchid was released around 1994)
Umm..Blackwater Park was the first song ive heard by them...i heard of them countless times by elitist metalheads and chat friends...one of them demanded i download an Opeth song...I picked BWP because it was the first song on the list at audiogalaxy.com at the time...(this was around the time that record was first released) The song rocked my socks clean off and its been one of my fave Opeth songs ever since..same guy told me to download BRI and i did...ive been pretty much hooked ever since...

The first Opeth song i heard was "The Twilight Is My Robe"...from right about the time my arms your hearse was about to come out. Im an Opeth veteran i guess. I still prefer their first 3 albums to their later ones.