Song endings

wankerness said:
Yep, easily the worst ending to an opeth song. Reminds me of Dream Theater's "Misunderstood" only slightly less terrible. Too bad, too, the rest of the song is pretty good, especially the middle section.
yup. great song apart from ending

Reflections_of_the_Underdark said:
I hope you're not referring to me there :)
Sen seems alright, bar the sin that is not appreciating Blackwater Park.

Btw without wanting to massively generalise, what is it with americans (too late) being so homophobic, it seems like faggot is the ultimate insult.
faggot

daz436 said:
April Ethereal & When have the best Outros. April Ethereal wins imo.

agreed, most songs i'm looking forward to a certain part, or passage. whereas with april ethereal theres like 10 parts that i look forward to, it just builds and builds.

Blackwater park has an incredible ending, as does To Bid You Farewell

House of Seance said:
don't really understand the hate for the end of A Fair Judgement either to be honest

It's slow, boring, thematically inconsistent with the rest of the song, repetitive (it seems like it's never going to end), and sounds like the lame dream theater song "Misunderstood"'s worst sections.

IamReptar said:
The ending to A Fair Judgement is just as repetitive as Deliverance.

Not true. They only play the riff in a fair judgement 8 times, while they play it about 3000 times in deliverance. It just seems like they play it that much cause they never change it up, AT ALL, while deliverance actually has variations and changing dynamics and stuff. Not to mention the riff in a fair judgement is longer. For the record, I don't like the deliverance outro much either, but at least it's cool live, unlike A Fair Judgement's which still is dreary and boring.

biggsy said:
Yeah actually that ending does go on a bit, but it doesn't ruin the song in the way say, Dream Theatre's Another Day's ending ruins it. That goddamn cheesy sax!

That song ending doesn't ruin it, as the cheesy sax plays throughout the song. It's thematically consistent. The whole song is goddam cheesy. :D I like that guitar solo though cause I'm an idiot.

wankerness said:
It's slow, boring, thematically inconsistent with the rest of the song, repetitive (it seems like it's never going to end), and sounds like the lame dream theater song "Misunderstood"'s worst sections.
It's not all that bad really, it's just that it seems kind of tacked on and as he said, has nothing to do with the rest of the song, which could have ended just as well without the extra riffing at the end.