London last night

Opeth writes what they want, records what they want and plays what they want. How could you expect anything else? It's part of what makes the band so appealing to the majority of us. And frankly, everyone in the band knows that the second they start thinking about catering to the fans desires the band is doomed.

I think that mainly applies to the writing process,which of course i dont think fans should have anything at all to do with. But I like when some bands for example let the fans vote for which songs they would like to hear for a certain show. Not saying that it should be some standard to do so at all,but it would be cool now and then.

Deliverance
The Baying Of The Hounds
When
In My Time Of Need
To Rid The Disease
Face Of Melinda
The Drapery Falls
The Grand Conjuration
Blackwater Park
Demon Of The Fall

I would have killed to get this setlist. Filler my ass. I love damnation. And although I've only seen Opeth once...I'd say the set they played was pretty good to a first timers ear considering the time given.

Ghost of Perdition
Godhead's Lament
Windowpane
The Leper Affinity
Deliverance

I'll take it.

Screw all of you whiny pussies! When I saw them at Gigantour they only played Ghost of Perdition, The Leper Affinity, Windowpane, and Deliverance. Besides hearing GoP live for the first time, it was basically like watching Lamentations with the volume not loud enough. It was a solid performance that sounded just like the DVD, I just wish they would have selected a different set of songs and I wish it would have been inside a small venue instead of that outdoor place. Next year for certain!

Even though Opeth had a weaker sound than Lamb of God, they still blew them out of the water. I was so bored with LoG.

Deliverance
The Baying Of The Hounds
When
In My Time Of Need
To Rid The Disease
Face Of Melinda
The Drapery Falls
The Grand Conjuration
Blackwater Park
Demon Of The Fall

I would have killed to get this setlist. Filler my ass. I love damnation. And although I've only seen Opeth once...I'd say the set they played was pretty good to a first timers ear considering the time given.

Ghost of Perdition
Godhead's Lament
Windowpane
The Leper Affinity
Deliverance

I'll take it.

Hell yeah, if I could see Opeth play the entire Damnation album, I would be one happy camper.

I'm guessing you saw them at Gigantour? Yeah, they were supposed to play Godhead's Lament at my show, but they didnt because of time constraints. I was like "Godheads Lament is next" after GoP and then it was The Leper Affinity. I knew something was up.

It is obvious that Opeth is all about doing things their own way, after all, that is why each of their albums have their own uniqueness. As an Opeth fan, you must adapt at least partially if you want to find true love in everything they write.
But sometimes the band just writes stuff that doesn't work out for you (luckily, the majority of their material is the exact opposite), in my case such songs as "Harvest" and "Atonement" that I find repetitive and boring.

When it comes to performing live though, it would be nice if the band took a good look at their back catalogue and tried to find out how to make an even better setlist for the fans to go nuts about.

And, I think, that the majority of Opeth-fans rather want an extra classic or two, than too many of the ballads. I also happen to think that Blackwater Park is overrated by the band because of its sales, but what do I know, perhaps I am the only one not falling for this album. I have tried, and tried. It took some time to get into Still Life and My Arms, Your Hearse too, but at least with those albums, I knew there was something good waiting to come out. BWP is just.. hollow.

Of course, the band must strike a balance with new fans, people who maybe got into Opeth with "Deliverance", or "Damnation", or "Ghost Reveries"... but then play some of the awesome tracks of these albums, not the not-so-awesome.

Don't know how else to explain this, I am not much of a whiner really but Opeth means a lot to me, has been my fave band since My Arms, they are so awesome and they should really have four hour setlists :)

Slightly off-topic, if I could pick 1 hour 30 minutes for Opeth's setlist, this would be it, in this order. Yes it is of course a hard choice, and so it must be for mikael and his apostles. An alternative would be to exchange a 'Still Life' track to include a 'Morningrise' song ("Advent"). But you know, as a fan of 'Still Life'.. anyway.

(Intro)
The Baying of the Hounds
April Ethereal
Serenity Painted Death
The Apostle in Triumph
Credence
Ghost of Perdition
The Moor

(Encore)
Ending Credits/Demon of the Fall

I would have jizzed for ninety minutes straight during this set, so maybe better it remains a fantasy.

Next time I see Opeth live, I will enjoy the show as always, only muttering slightly at the misunderstood quality of Blackwater Park (which didn't get in one track here). I notice both 'Morningrise' and 'Deliverance' deserve a spot in the setlist, but it only goes to show how hard it must be for Opeth to pick a good setlist, and why picking two ballads in a row isn't necessarily awesome.

Deliverance
The Baying Of The Hounds
When
In My Time Of Need
To Rid The Disease
Face Of Melinda
The Drapery Falls
The Grand Conjuration
Blackwater Park
Demon Of The Fall

This was the first opeth show me and my girlfriend were at. It was cracking, i was supprised when they came on and went straight in to Deliverance but good none the less. Being my first show all i wanted to hear was drapery as it was the track that got me into them. Fair points on the suggetion of older stuff but i was more than happy with that list, although as i always have said, Demon of the fall & When get way to much credit, never saw the whole deal with those but i guess thats the whole point of this thread, opinions for the setlist

3 times really? I still haven't seen them :'(
Still, speaking comparatively, we get nothing like Europe!

and we in Europe get nothing like the US! ... ironically enough, since 80% of the good bands come from Europe.

btw, why was this thread bumped?? that is not the setlist of the Roundhouse Tapes at all ... it was a different show!