When
In My Time Of Need
To Rid The Disease
Face Of Melinda
The Drapery Falls
The Grand Conjuration
Blackwater Park
Demon Of The Fall

Fucking incredible. It was the 5th time i have seen them and probaly the best. Just the fact that they played When, Face Of Melinda and Blackwater Park made it really special.

Tell me if i missed any songs and put them in the right order!

I think they played FOM before BWP.

Thought Axenrot was a bit sloppy with his kick drums and at times too slow, what do you think? Am i being harsh???

but still, it was quite some spectacle to behold...the axe men were flawless and its not often you see a band were the vocalist is identical live as he is on the record.

Agree 100% man, I've seen Opeth now a few times and last night they just took it to a whole new level.

Think you got the set list right there.

// Anders

AndersTheSwede said:
Agree 100% man, I've seen Opeth now a few times and last night they just took it to a whole new level.

Think you got the set list right there.

// Anders

were you the swede who got into all that banter with Mikael???

Great gig, I was so pleased that they played Blackwater Park - a real surprise. The sound was crystal clear. You're right though; it felt like they're taking it to a new level.

Kir-ir-Bannog said:
Grand Conjuration.....lots of people have said this tune is not good enough to be an opeth song.

Just wait 'til you hear it live.

Totally agree - the evilness was increased!

opethpainter said:
hey, but has mr. lopez come back to the drums?

No. Axe is still drumming.

Fucking awesome gig. My fourth time and probably the best.

Monster set too. About 1 hour 50 minutes wasn't it? :D

When
headbob.gif

YES! It was fucking amazing! Great setlist, but the drummer did seem a bit orthodox (without use of a better word) in his playing, there weren't many fills or anything, but his timing was good.

That was awsome. Im still psyched that they played when, bwp and face of melinda. The new songs sound bitching live too.I like the grand canjuration more now that ive heard it live too.

His drumming was a bit off in the breakdown part of FOM he played the high-hat double time instead of on the first and third beat, but hey if that's all I can find wrong with the gig then it shows it was shit hot.

I thought that the new songs did hold up well, and I though that Mikael was a funny fucker last night.

I got shown the set list before they came on so whilst the songs weren't a surprise they were still awesome

I had to leave during DOTF to get my bus which is shiser to the extreme, ah well I'll be hearing it again soon...

I thought his double bass work did not flow too well, but he is bound to improve as the tour progresses, i mean he is the bloodbath drummer....

i did not realise mendez was so small!!! But jeez can he slap the bass about!!!!