London last night

Looks like they might stick to that setlist for a while cos we had same one in Manchester, which was also fucking amazing and sound was crystal clear. Don't think they can change setlist too much with BBath dude on drums, cos too much to learn, but i thought he was a good drummer, only thing i missed really was the fast double bass runs in Deliverance, but very tight overall. I was fucking stoned and when Blackwater Park came on i went mental, and yes Mike's comedy is on form.

Met him after the gig when he was comin out to the tourbus swigging a bottle of Grant's scotch, haha. Had a good chat about metal and lyrics and got some cool pics I shall post soon people...

:headbang:

Blackthorned said:
Totally agree - the evilness was increased!

I've been saying that all along, people said the same about Deliverance (the song) how it was average on disc but fucking slayed live, well TGC is in the same boat.

But they really need to play Ghost of Perdition for me in Sydney...

It was awesome, we were waiting at the front for a while but we didn't stay there for long once they started playing Deliverance... Might've endured the moshing if it wasn't for that fucking bit of raised floor that made it a bit too dangerous for my liking. Mean Fiddler is a bit of a shit venue so it'll be cool to see them at The Forum.

They were much better as a live band this time than when I saw them on the last UK tour. Lots of songs I wish they'd played but it must be tough for them since they can only fit a few songs in compared to other bands with shorter songs who can get all their hits in. Next time I hope they fit Ghost of Perdition in, but it was great to hear Blackwater Park live for the first time, and I got to stay to hear Demon Of The Fall this time as well.

My friend was talking to the guy from Extol, who i also said hi to, but I only realised who it was when he'd gone and I asked my friend who it was he was talking to. I guess I must've looked a bit rude. Oh well.

Shame my mate told me the setlist before i went .. cunt lol.
Mikael was hilarious.. and he high fived me at the end hehe..

When was amazing.. TGC was great .. the verse rumbled my body loads.. and Blackwater Park.. i headbanged pretty much non-stop for that song!

Who heard me with the ol' "HOWS THE WIFE?!?" .. he didn't hear me :(

i'm definitely going to see them in November .. although Mikael said october at the end lol

it was really good (however probably the least best ive seen them play) BWP and face of melinda were great to hear live, although Mikael lied/didnt realise that they have played 'When' before in 2001.

i hope lopez is well enough to play the forum gig, and full credit to Per for headbanging away unlike many keyboardists that just stand and look puzzled and lost when they dont have anything to play. :p

opeth_353 said:
Shame my mate told me the setlist before i went .. cunt lol.
Mikael was hilarious.. and he high fived me at the end hehe..

When was amazing.. TGC was great .. the verse rumbled my body loads.. and Blackwater Park.. i headbanged pretty much non-stop for that song!

Who heard me with the ol' "HOWS THE WIFE?!?" .. he didn't hear me :(

i'm definitely going to see them in November .. although Mikael said october at the end lol

Heh. Are you the one who asked it on the Lamentations DVD ? I remember that ;-). Seemed an odd/personal question to ask someone standing on a stage playing music.

it was awesome indeed!!! i was by the bar on the balcony place with the windows in (if that makes any sense). BWP was amazing!!! was really not expecting them to play that and it's one of my favs :) def gonna see them in november (or "october" as mikael called it :p), as i'll be living in london by then :)

I was right at the front, in front of Mendez. The gig was awesome, and I liked them ending with Demon of the Fall. Grand Finale. The pressure from behind was increasing to the point where right almost at the end my knees were impaling that metal thing at the front and it was all that I could do from getting crushed hehe. But anyway, this was my frist time seeing Opeth, and it was just unbelievable.

This sucks ass. Im gonna be in amsterdam this week. But im coming back on the 14th. The day they play the Melkweg.

Awesome setlist and that is the most head-banging crowd I've seen at the Mean Fiddler - virtually everyone on the floor was locked into BWP when it was played.

Opeth get better and better - that was the 5th time I've seen them...

BUT

Why get a stand in drummer who can't play the songs? There is NO WAY that dude even has double kick chops! He missed ALL the double patterns - in BWP, The Grand Conjuration and unforgiveably the closing of Deliverance, and that really took the edge off the whole night for me. He also just does not have the finesse and feel that Martin Lopez has. I seriously hope he's recovered in time for the November gig.

Detric said:
Hahahaha! Are you the one in Lamentations, asking him the same question? And he replies, "she is fine, thank you" :tickled:

..unfortunately no.. My mates told me that i had to say it.. i was also going to ask "HOWS MELINDA?!" etc.. but when i shouted out first time i got a load of dirty looks hehe. But yeh, did it because of the DVD ..

And on the drummer.. give him a break.. he's got a hard task to replace Lopez .. Lopez is fucking unique.. of course he won't compare because only Lopez can play the way he does. I did notice the parts he changed and tbh i don't think they ruined them.. but yes it would have been better if he kept them the same.. However i still think he did a fucking ace job

My first time seeing Opth live, I've loved them ever since I first heard Bleak nearly 3 years ago now, seeing them live was truly awesome!

That setlist looked about right to me - Still cant believe they player Face of Melinda, favourite track by far (in the gig and overall!).

The venue wasnt perfect admitedly - the step was bloody dangerous, it made the floor so unbelievably packed from everyone trying to see, I could hardly breathe from about The Drapery Falls onwards! Right at the end I turned around and nearly fell over the damn thing as well - never realised how close I was to it moshing away to demon of the fall!

Cant wait till November :D

yeh.. def going - if i get tickets lol.

I was in front of Peter .. but not on the little platform thing... was fucking stupid.. haha.. the number of times the platform overflowed and landed on me .. just remebered that - had the "i won't bother giving the left side of the venue and water"-cunt of a security guard having a go at me for hitting into him.. felt like saying "i'm fucking sorry that i'm getting forced into you.. dick"

I was probably most disapointed with that track - i lvoed that they played it though.. my faves were When, TGC and BWP .. they all were perfect live.. and (may be kidding myself) but Peter nodded/winked at me when he saw me singing along .. i may be making this up.. but i creamed my pants lol

opeth_353 said:
I was probably most disapointed with that track - i lvoed that they played it though.. my faves were When, TGC and BWP .. they all were perfect live.. and (may be kidding myself) but Peter nodded/winked at me when he saw me singing along .. i may be making this up.. but i creamed my pants lol

Haha. When I saw 'em at Sounds of the Underground, Per seemed to be staring at me practically the whole time. Was probably just my imagination. I was singing along and doing a bit of air guitaring and air drumming until I caught myself (can't help it sometimes). Peter seemed to be looking at me smiling, probably thinking "what a dork!" :p

I just came home from cologne. Fantastic concert, the guys were in top form. I even had the chance to talk to Mikael and to Martin. And i got my Morningrise CD signed. Demon Of The Fall was awesome. I cant wait to see them again on thursday!
Sadly Martin Lopez was still absent. I dont think the other drummer fits the role perfectly, but it was ok. I didnt recognize him making any bad mistakes, he did very well performing Deliverance. Pretty awesome evening! :)