Song endings

Vamos

Oct 21, 2006
Sorry if this has been done before. What is your favorite Opeth song ending?

I really like how Bleak ends and also Blackwater Park, The Grand Conjuration and the Baying of the Hounds. I know there are others, but those are the first that come to mind.

Blackwater Park has an epic, driving ending but is otherwise a mediocre song. I'd also agree with the ending of Bleak, the style of which I'd like to hear more in Opeth's future work. My favorite though, is the ending to April Ethereal.

Sen said:
I'd also agree with the ending of Bleak, the style of which I'd like to hear more in Opeth's future work.

Just listen to Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral. :pPPPPPPP

I forgot what I said in the other thread like this a couple months ago, probably April Ethereal, When, and Moonlapse Vertigo. Baying of the Hounds has a great outro going until the stompy last couple measures which undermine the awesomeness of the rest of the outro (they shouldn't have ended it right there).

Black Session said:
well the Deliverance outro is by far the most amazing ending of a song ... it's getting a bit cliché perhaps, but it still is :p

I agree. That syncopated part was stuck in my head for a while upon my first listen. The end to BRI and In the midst.. are really great as well, expecially In the Midst.

Yes, Deliverance !!!

Demon of the Fall is also really sweet

Epilogue, while not a full typical 8-10 minute song reaches a beautiful climax at the end.