Your first Opeth song?

Hehe I may not be a veteran but I prefer the first two to any others, personally. I wish I had heard The Twilight is my Robe before anything else, I'd have been hooked off the start. It's my favorite song period, now.

My first Opeth Song was The Moor. Somebody sent it my per ICQ, but that was the time I did not like growling.
So he sent my "to bid you farewell" and I had a new favourite song. :D

Posted by: Maharet
Sweet god! thanks for making me feel like a geezer! @_o (figuring that Orchid was released around 1994)

Hmn, I didnt really like the song, if it makes you feel 'un-geezer-ish'. I was into either Moffatts or Linkin Park in that time, so I wasnt really in to it that much. Although, I kept it on Napster (Remember that?!). From Moffatts to metal... I find that a bit odd...

I think it was '95 when Orchid was released.

The first Opeth song that I head was When. Oh boy, when my friend played that for me, I just ignored the whole song. Metal just didn't appeal to me at the time. Strange thing is that since then, maybe a year and a half ago, I have got every Opeth album and he still only has that one song adn BWP on cd.

What really got me into Opeth was listening to an entire album all the way through at a different friend's house (prolly a month later). I remember saying "I don't like that growling" when he asked me what I thought of it. I really didn't like growling at all at the time, however I really enjoyed listening to the album, despite those animalistic sounds. I would always judge music at the time by asking myself, "Would this song sound cool in a Castlevania game?" ^_^ I don't remember which album that was cause of my damn memory, but I am nearly sure that it was Blackwater Park. In fact, I didn't know that it was Opeth until asking him about it recently.

Ok, so I know that I liked Opeth then, but one day that friend came over to my house. I burned a few cds that he had with him. The music that I selected was completely random with the exception of the Mike Patton material. I burned CoB-Follow the Reaper and Opeth-BWP only because the albums looked really cool. I made a very good selection. ^_^

I didn't listen to BWP much untill after I purchased the album. I think I purchased it a few weeks later to creep a chic out. It worked and we broke up cause of Opeth and I found myself a new love, Mikael. And the rest is like a farie-tale ending. ^_~

Godheads Lament was not my first Opeth song but it was the first song that grabbed me by the balls and said "WE ARE OPETH, LIKE US OR YOUR BALLS ARE OURS" so I have my balls and I like an awesome band.

I had never even heard of Opeth until I became friends with GoD approx 8 months ago and all he did was rant about how good they are.
As for the first song I heard I can't quite remember...it was either Advent, To Bid You Farewell, The Moor, Benighted, Hope Leaves or The Night and the Silent Water, when Treefingers sent them to me on mp3. The rest is pop-free history.