what was your first Opeth song?

Ram

i am beyond death
May 22, 2004
kuwait
www.terminusweb.com
what was the first Opeth song/album you've heard?

for me: blackwater park (the song) and demon of the fall, my friend told me about these two songs 3 years ago, along with septic flesh, and of couse Opeth are my gods now!

estimate said:
My first was Bleak and the Drapery Falls.

I think mine were probably the same as yours, I'm pretty sure they were from BWP but I can't remember. Just randomly selected from the list on Kazaa at the time.

A mate of mine had been recommending Opeth to me for quite sometime & one day i was down in Sydney at ''Utopia Records'' & i noticed they were selling a copy of ''Still Life for $19.99 so i decided to purchase it. I listened to it all from start to finish on the drive home & was left in absoloute amazement. So the first Opeth song i heard was ''The Moor''.

To Bid You Farewell.

I can't remember too clearly how I heard it...could be that it was through a 'Best ballads' thread on some other board.

I guess 'The Moor' was the first I heard, because a mate bought SL and played it in the car... but I wasnt realy interested because of the slow intro. Then he bought Morningrise and I listened to it while I was smashed and it totaly blew me away... mainly Advent. So I still consider Advent the first song I 'listened to'.

To Bid You Farewell was my first, I downloaded it off the net when a mate reccommended it to me. Then I bought MAYH.

It was by mistake, and it was Blackwater Park, after a misspelled Otep download (it took half a sec to realize something was weird)... I had never heard of them before then, but bought the album about a week after. That was my best musical "error" ever.

Mine was "The Moor." Still Life was my first CD and I bought it blindly, just by chance, when I was living in Manchester (UK). I thought I had made a mistake as I started listening to it. Then, not only was I relieved but impressed.

My friend said. You gotta hear this. He played The Drapery Falls, I didnt really like at first because it was so long. The I heard Demon Of The Fall and I couldnt believe my own ears. It was simply amazing. And then I also liked the long Opeth songs.