what was your first Opeth song?

wreath

I went to some other metal forums and they was talking about this group Opeth,so without ever hearing a song of theirs,i went out to buy a album,but the only one i could find is Deliverance. Lets just say its surpise the shit out of me.

My first song was "the twilight is my robe" and then "nectar".

needless to say i was hooked, and had never heard a progressive metal band i had ever liked until that point...so i instantly went out and bought orchid, morninrise and my arms your hearse...still life hadnt quite come out yet.

"Under the Weeping Moon" which I downloading without ever hearing of Opeth, because I thought the song title sounded cool. I loved it, and immediately bought Orchid.

first Opeth song was "Bleak"...my reaction, "What the hell is this?!" and then once the clean vocals/section kicked in I was hooked

second was "A Leper Affinity"...afterwards I bought Blackwater Park

Cendre said:
It was by mistake, and it was Blackwater Park, after a misspelled Otep download (it took half a sec to realize something was weird)... I had never heard of them before then, but bought the album about a week after. That was my best musical "error" ever.

:lol: I thought I was the only one. I did the exact same thing but my first song was bleak which floored me. My first album from them was still life since I read some reviews before heading to the store and was interested in the concept. I got BWP like a week later though and had the rest before the month ended. Back then I used to think In Flames were the best band ever, but after I heard bleak I immediately got hooked and from there my horizons just kept getting broader. I guess you could say that I didn't really realize how much great music was out there until I heard something as different and beautiful as Opeth. I've been listening to new bands as often as possible since then. What's it been now? Three years? Meh, I guess I'm still technically a metal N00b eh?

The first Opeth song I heard was "Nectar" off the Firestarter compilation. I couldn't believe it, the cd actually had a big match in the jewel case! Nectar didn't grab me at first, probably because it was on a compilation. My first Opeth purchase was "My Arms Your Hearse" shortly after it came out (December 98).

i was searching around the metal observer when i found this band i had never herad before under the O section

they had many 10s and 9s so i decided to look into them

after reading a couple reviews i went and downloaded a some songs

at first i thought they were boring and repetative... i guess their songs were just hard to digest

then i found the drapery falls and :OMG:

-btw im new here

what makes us different (better) than most of other metal bands fans is the way we listen to our favorite band
some bands you just put in their cd and maybe ignore it, but you can never do that to an Opeth cd, simpley the music takes you from anything you're doing, and if you're doing anything while listening to opeth, you just get even more creative!

Yea, id much prefer if everyone dropped the elitest nonsense. it just keeps this board cleaner. Theres 7 copies of damnation at the local Tower Records...lets keep things in perspective here people.

my first opeth song that i heard was probably 'death whispered a lullaby' and now i have damnation which i absolutaly adore.... does any one else like that album or is it just me...?