what was your first Opeth song?

My first Opeth song was 'In Mist She Was Standing' simply because Orchid was the first Opeth record I listened to.

Its not just you. I think Damnation is a great CD. Although it is soft it has many underlying evil themes and well written riffs.

Oh and my first songs were Serenity Painted Death, TBYF, and Blackwater Park. I actually didnt really like these until I gave them more listening and quickly they became my favorite band :).

Ram said:
what makes us different (better) than most of other metal bands fans is the way we listen to our favorite band
some bands you just put in their cd and maybe ignore it, but you can never do that to an Opeth cd, simpley the music takes you from anything you're doing, and if you're doing anything while listening to opeth, you just get even more creative!
Why would you put a CD in the stereo simply to ignore it?

Mine as many Others was the song Blackwater Park, I dont know why but everyone Ive met seems to say the same, My Second song I herd was Forest of October. Now Opeth is my favorite band, I own all the albums , the dvd, and all the shirts from most of the tours and just plain shirts.

Harvest, sent to me by a friend. Then I got some of their CDs and didn't get into the heavy stuff until a few weeks later.

Mine was Blackwater Park (song). As some of you, I also browsed someones files on napster and downloaded it. For a long time, I thought the band was called blackwater park. The acoustic passage in the middle of song is what caught my attention.

Not to go off topic about Napster - but Sfarog, what I liked from downloading, I also bought.