Life's best experience.

I had actually never heard Opeth before seeing them live. I was a big Lacuna Coil fan and I went to the Opeth/Lacuna Coil/Yakuza show to see LC. I was most definitely not into death metal at the time, was just beginning to get into melodic metal and hardcore. So I was like, "Hey awesome Lacuna Coil's coming with.... Opeth? Who's that?" So I did some research, heard some snippets of the Deliverance album from Amazon but that's about it.

So my dad took me to see them, and Yakuza sucked balls, but LC was awesome. Then Opeth came on and played for an hour, and I really liked it, although I was put off by the vocals and not being able to understand the words and not knowing any songs. My dad liked it much more than me, and about a week later he brought home a brand-spanking new copy of Deliverance. So my first real Opeth listen was Wreath, which as a non-fan scared me shitless. But I made my way through and liked it a lot, especially the title track. I got the rest of the albums too, whether by download or buying the CDs.

The first real "oh my God this is the greatest band evar" epiphany was right after I sat through the whole Still Life album. The Moor is my favorite Opeth song of all fucking time, but the greatness only continued. It was just pure genius and the best music I'd ever heard. I still feel this way.

As a musician, however, the most inspirational album has been Damnation. My band and I listen to it all the time, and we're currently breaking down Hope Leaves to aid us in crafting a song I've written. The results will be breathtaking.

This might be hard, but what you have to do is completely stop listening to Opeth for a year while only listening to britney spears.

Once that year .. (of pain) is over, you'll slap in your Opeth CD and be reborn.

Moonlapse said:
Not really sure what's worse. Bad break-ups or unrequited love (denial from the get-go).

Having experienced both, I vote bad break ups. They hurt more, because you always think you have it sewn up, whereas you never actually have what you want with unrequited love. I'd rather never have something than have it and get it torn away from me.

Hımm.. The first one must be BRI. I enjoyed that song so much that i started to listen to it over and over again spending one hour just listening to it three times. It is still the best opeth song for me.

Liquid Diamonds said:
I've just realised, my rantings have no relevance to Opeth really, so I apolofgise to anyone who gets pised off at them for being stuid :)
i sympathize. it was probably the single worst moment of my life when i heard those final words from her.

misfit said:
Nah, totally disagree. Good music, gets better over time.

On the other hand, watching my favourite movies again for the first time (in particular, comedies) would kick some serious arse. Comedies like:
Hercules Returns
Pretty much any Eddie Murphy or Damon Wayans movie
Don't be a Menace to South Central While Drinkin your Juice in the Hood
Happy Gilmore / Billy Madison

Bah, I'm sure I have forgotten most of them, but you get the point.

True. I remember the first time I watched The Big Lebowski.

I laughed so goddamn hard, especially at the beginning *With The Dude, Walter and Donny bowling* and the jesus scene.

Whenever I see the movie I still chukkle at those scenes but obviously it's different because I know what's going to happen and what they're going to say.

*Same counts with The Usual Suspects, First time I saw it it was like this : as the credits roll, I just sat in my chair starring and at the same time smiling at the screen, thinking, "Wow, the guy who wrote this is a genius."

What I really love is when you might be doing something while listening to a new album, and you'll remember a song number that sounds good. You aren't really paying attention to the album, just kinda absorbing it in the background of whatever you're doing. But you remember it's a good song and later listen to it and devote your full attention to it.

Then you'll notice one or two really awesome riffs, and the first time you listen to it, it's like, wow, I gotta do that again. So you rewind it, and the second time it really gets you how awesome it is.

That's how I get into most songs.

my best and worst experience is life ;) i heard opeth at first time ''in my time of need''!and it's still amazing.I LOVE OPETH !i feel their songs in my skin :kickass:

If your best life experience is listening to Opeth (or any band for that matter), kill yourself, because your life fucking sucks.

I agree with others. I remember when I first listened to MAYH (the last album I got into besides Watershed). I said to myself, 'okay, enjoy this moment, you will want to come back to it'.

But I couldn't enjoy it on the first listen, because it's a grower. Now the first time I truly heard the dual guitars in the 'The rain was waving goodbye..' now that was amazing.

As for falling in love for the first time, I remember sitting in a uni lecture staring at a wall because nothing else mattered. Amazing yet dangerous ha.

If your best life experience is listening to Opeth (or any band for that matter), kill yourself, because your life fucking sucks.

nope my best life experience isn't listening opeth.just one of them :p ;) my best life expereince is falling in love and many things don't come my mind :) AND MY LIFE ISN'T SUCKS!!!THINK FOR YOURSELF !

Thinking about getting the O tattoo'd on me...

[/B]

That is EXACTLY what I am doing tomorrow night....right on my forearm. I'mm post a pic when I get it done.

As far as my first opeth experience, it came in the summer of 2005 while listening to the metal channel on cable. The song was "Deliverance" and I just couldn't believe my ears. I knew nothing of them up until this point and my friend that was there began to imform me about the little imformation that he knew about them. The next day, we both head to Best Buy, he gets the "Deliverance" album and I get the "Damnation" album...the rest is history.

There's no other band like'em. They simple are the best.:headbang:

nope my best life experience isn't listening opeth.just one of them :p ;) my best life expereince is falling in love and many things don't come my mind :) AND MY LIFE ISN'T SUCKS!!!THINK FOR YOURSELF !

I could make fun of you for your shitty grammar, but I'm going to take the high road and say this: Good for you champ! I'm glad you have a good life!

First Opeth I'd ever heard was Morningrise. And I was confused, at first, then Night & the Silent Water started playing, and I felt like how one must feel when they experience "love at first sight." Well! I think to myself, whenever I hear Opeth, that if it were the last thing I hear again, I would be perfectly fine with it.

Oh yes, I remember the feeling. Picking up BWP only on a whim because I remembered hearing good things about them. Got in my car, Leper Affinity melts my face. Never looked back.