Opeth doing a Tool cover / Tool doing an Opeth cover.

MixGrafix

Dulce Et Decorum Est
On the way to visit my fiance's aunts home for easter, we were listening to BTPISIO, and it was the first time my fiance has heard it. She "got it" right away, and the cd changed switched to the next cd, and it was Tool's Undertow. She then said that she thought it would be interesting if Opeth did a Tool cover, and vice versa. I think that Opeth would pull a better Tool cover that Tool would be an Opeth cover. She agreed, and I said that I thought that the cover I would like to hear Opeth do Lateralus and 46 & 2, and Tool do The Drapery Falls and The Night and the Silent Water.

Just a thought.

Mix
P.S. I know I am going to get flamed for this, so give me your best shots, especially All_Sins_Undone.

Tool covering Opeth wouldn't work. Maynard's voice isn't really the type. They'd need to do something a bit heavier, and I don't think maynard can growl. he blew out his voice for 3 weeks doing Ticks & Leeches, no chance on an Opeth track. Every other instrument would sound good, I'd think.

Opeth covering Tool might be cool, though. Lateralus or Parabol/Parabola might work pretty well.

Eh...it'd be interesting, but why dilute what each band does so well? It'd be a lot better if Opeth covered a Tool song and made it their own, so to speak - death growls would sound interesting.

For people that like to shit on Adam Jones... he's actually a classically trained violinist and quite good guitarist. He could definitely handle the Opeth riffing, Tool just are a completely different type of band.

Tool should cover The Night and the Silent Water

Opeth should cover Jimmy

Even though Tool is a well appreciated band of me, one of my favs.; but they would distroy opeths work by covering anything at all, it wouldn't fit at all.

Opeth covering Tool sounds much more interesting, Third Eye for an example. (with death voice ofc.) :headbang:
Or maybe even Sober!

Cover doesn't mean copying a song exactly, so i don't know why there would have to be death vocals that maynard apparently can't do. I really think people perceive Tool a certain way based little on their talent, and greatly on their public image. I'll bet mike would be honored to have tool cover an opeth song.

Opeth owns Tool.
Lateralus and 10000 days are both WAY overrated and boring...although I admit to liking Undertow and Aenima, Opeth covering them and Vice Versa just wouldnt work...sorry

Tool did do a GREAT cover of No Quarter by the almighty Zepp...wait a minute, how bout' Opeth covering No Quarter!! Now THAT would OWN!!!

Opeth owns Tool.
Lateralus and 10000 days are both WAY overrated and boring...although I admit to liking Undertow and Aenima, Opeth covering them and Vice Versa just wouldnt work...sorry

Tool did do a GREAT cover of No Quarter by the almighty Zepp...wait a minute, how bout' Opeth covering No Quarter!! Now THAT would OWN!!!

that would be a fuckin awesome cover.... its so opethish

I think that Opeth doing a cover of parabola with their own hardcore style/changes/riffs would absolutely dominate.

4 Degrees would be another song that I'm pretty sure Opeth could nail on the head (not like they wouldn't be able to do other songs, just saying)

lol surely enough the new MixGrafix thread was about either

1) tool
2) beneath the mire

:yawn:

edit: just finished reading the OP. rofl

It would be really good if opeth covers 46&2 or Parabola.
My shadow's
shedding skin.
I've been picking
my scabs again.
Think Mikael's voice vith this part...