opeth and tool

Originally posted by TheLedTool
:lol: Now that's more like it! ;)

I didn't say you were ignorant, necessarily, but you sounded very ignorant in the way you argued. I don't mind when people have differing opinions from my own, honestly, but I greatly dislike a bad argument. :lol:

It's obvious you're not an idiot, but you should learn to restrain yourself a bit and trying to express yourself better, if you want people to listen to you. Then, I think I (and others) would be able to fully appreciate your views on things.

Amen brother. I'm slightly weary of this debate to as well.

I'm outta here but may return if I see something worth talking bout. Bye.

Originally posted by KielbasaSausage
you fool. noone on this thread made fun of tool because of their idiotic fanbase. it was simply just brought up that a lot of tools fans are retarded (that goes for every other band as well.)

...such as this! Thats weird...no one made fun of Tool fans! They were just said to be retards!

Rather contradictory! :D

Read my post again buddy. :rolleyes:

Ok reading...oh you say 'its the same with other bands'. That still doesn't make your comment any less contradictory. It says it was bought up Tool fans were retards but no one insulted them. It still makes no sense. Even if it goes for any other band its still insulting to Tool fans.

Although I don't want to seem like a 'Tool fanboy', cos in truth I don't really listen to em anymore.

I saw Tool at a hardcore show for $6 in Buffalo, NY back in 1991. They were stripped down to the bare essentials. No bigtime sound system. Just a crowd of 200 people. We all heard these guys might be pretty good. They weren't. In fact they sucked hot-open ass and literally got booed off the stage. 1 year later they realesed Undertow and got some real PRODUCTION behind them (MTV). I guess life got a little bit better for MAynard and the boys. I still hear that 1st show behind that slick-produced sound though. Bore-Core.

Tool were NEVER a hardcore band..Tool were signed to major from the get go..I'm really surprised and shocked on how ignorant Tool fans are..Is it just a product of people listening to mainstream music and Opeth being the exception beacuse this is really depressing me..Some stupid TOOL fan thought that the Deftones were emo core..LMAO..Deftones WERE NEVER emo core and TOOL was never hard core..I don't like Tool or Deftones but both bands are alternative hard rock and not hardcore or emo core..How old are these Tool fans.? Do they actually listen to true metal? All they listen to is Tool, Deftones and mainstream MTV mall core crap..How depressing and sad...Hails..-l-

Originally posted by Masters Apprentice
My Reply To The Sound Gardener's Post(s)

No, that isn't what I'm saying at all..how about you stop putting words into my mouth? But the UK Ozzfest is the worst fucking tour out there, full of flavours of the month and nu-metal shite. Hardly an event I'd imagine Tool playing in, but they did.

I DO NOT THINK TOOL ARE CRAP they are just over rated and their fans come out with the stupidest shit I've ever read, in this topic or on any other music forum I go to.

Waaaaaah waaaah, mommy he called me a bad name waaaaaaah.
If they have any stand-out track on Lateralus which they could call Progressive it's Ticks & Leeches.

BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT I SAID. I used the Radiohead example to show how Tool are anything but Progressive not to say they aren't as good as Radiohead..because then every band would be shit.

And I don't recall ever saying I don't like Tool, I just fucking hate their retarded fans and with posts like yours who can fucking blame me?

No, I haven't listened to their biggest two hit songs at all, and I never saw them on rock TV channels every single fucking time I turned on the TV..honest.

For one, it dosn't matter that those songs were Tool's two biggest hits. They don't design the songs so they can be played on the radio and MTV.

Waaaaaah waaaah, mommy he called me a bad name waaaaaaah.

Did you see any fucking name in that post, you dipshit?

Obviously you haven't listened to Third Eye and Triad.

HOLY SHIT THAT GUY ISN'T 100% POSITIVE TOWARDS TOOL HE OBVIOUSLY HATES THEM AND IS CONSPIRING TO KILL OUR MESSIAH MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN LET'S PUT WORDS INTO HIS MOUTH AND ARGUE LIKE RETARDS. OH MAYNARD DID I DO YOU PROUD SIR, MAY I TAKE YOUR COCK IN MY BUTT NOW PLEASE SIR.

In case you haven't noticed (which you obviously didn't), I already said Tool is not my favorite band, and Maynard is not my lover. (Stop mixing your fantasies with your posts please, it's disgusting.)

Originally posted by deathbearer
Tool were NEVER a hardcore band..Tool were signed to major from the get go..I'm really surprised and shocked on how ignorant Tool fans are..Is it just a product of people listening to mainstream music and Opeth being the exception beacuse this is really depressing me..Some stupid TOOL fan thought that the Deftones were emo core..LMAO..Deftones WERE NEVER emo core and TOOL was never hard core..I don't like Tool or Deftones but both bands are alternative hard rock and not hardcore or emo core..How old are these Tool fans.? Do they actually listen to true metal? All they listen to is Tool, Deftones and mainstream MTV mall core crap..How depressing and sad...Hails..-l-

Since when did this become a Tool bashing thread?

That was an extremely dumb comment. I don't know if that was your intention, but you basically said that every band signed to a major label is crap. Exqueeze me? I posted this before, shouldn't have to again... A few good bands (who were) signed to major labels: Soundgarden, AIC, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Tool, Radiohead, and Genesis, just to name a few. Just because a band doesn't play exactly the same style of music you like doesn't mean they're bad.

Originally posted by Static
Ok reading...oh you say 'its the same with other bands'. That still doesn't make your comment any less contradictory. It says it was bought up Tool fans were retards but no one insulted them. It still makes no sense. Even if it goes for any other band its still insulting to Tool fans.

OMG!!!! I didnt want to say it but youre a FUCKIN RETARD heh :lol:

sorry i got carried away, but YOU STILL HAVENT FULLY READ WHAT I SAID! ok this is my EXACT quote:

"you fool. noone on this thread MADE FUN OF TOOL because of their idiotic fanbase. it was simply just brought up that a lot of tools fans are retarded..."

notice how i put in bold MADE FUN OF TOOL. how can i be contradicting myself when there IS NO CONTRADICTION?!?! the first thought is the idea of MAKING FUN OF TOOL when i go on to MAKE FUN OF THEIR FANS. WHEN SOMEONE MENTIONS "TOOL" THEY AREN'T TALKING ABOUT THEIR FANS. I dont know if i can get any clearer than that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've never cared for Tool. Ever. Way back in the day, I bought a copy of Undertow. A few months later, I sold it to a friend of mine. I've heard songs by them since, but never anything to make me want to buy another album. I don't understand why so many people consider Maynard to be such a genius... [shrugs]

P.S. - The phrase "Tool is not nu-metal" was used entirely too much in this thread. WE GET THE FUCKING PICTURE. Thanks.

Christ.

Originally posted by deathbearer

There are stupid fans of EVERY band. I happen to like Tool quite alot, and since you had to comment that all Tool fans listen to is mainstream MTV crap, I'll list some bands I like....
Samael
Acid Bath
Morbid Angel
Testament
Dimmu Borgir
Twin Obscenity
Bloodbath
Grave
and hundreds more...Don't assume that ALL fans of one band are some jackass MTV sheep...I have been listening to metal since I was 8 fuckin' years old and I'm 26 now. You're making yourself sound like a jerkoff by lumping ALL the fans of a band into your own assumption of how they are...Wake up

OMG!!!! I didnt want to say it but youre a FUCKIN RETARD heh :lol:

sorry i got carried away, but YOU STILL HAVENT FULLY READ WHAT I SAID! ok this is my EXACT quote:

"you fool. noone on this thread MADE FUN OF TOOL because of their idiotic fanbase. it was simply just brought up that a lot of tools fans are retarded..."

notice how i put in bold MADE FUN OF TOOL. how can i be contradicting myself when there IS NO CONTRADICTION?!?! the first thought is the idea of MAKING FUN OF TOOL when i go on to MAKE FUN OF THEIR FANS. WHEN SOMEONE MENTIONS "TOOL" THEY AREN'T TALKING ABOUT THEIR FANS. I dont know if i can get any clearer than that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How am I a retard for misinterpreting you? You could just give me a decent explanation of what you meant, but no, being rude is fun.

People didn't make fun of Tool because of their idiotic fanbase, but rather undermined Tool because of it and implied it was one of the worst things about Tool...their fans. Thats not 'making fun of Tool', because of the fans, but more judging the band itself based loosely on how 'most' of their fans have been stereotyped as acting like.

I am humbly sorry for misreading what you wrote, you had every right to call me a 'FUCKIN RETARD', I spose, and I am already aware I'm pretty shit at debates so sue me.

At any rate I've had it with this thread. :rolleyes: