Opeth Ripp Off Tool?!

segaszivos said:
The only Opeth albums that sound similar are the two most recently

Are you trying to say that BWP sounds like Deliverance or that Deliverance sounds like Damnation? Cause I think each Opeth album sounds compeltely different, including the last ones.

IAmEternal said:
Are you trying to say that BWP sounds like Deliverance or that Deliverance sounds like Damnation? Cause I think each Opeth album sounds compeltely different, including the last ones.

No, I am sorry I meant that D&D sound similar to Tool. Listen to the drum style, its a lot alike (mainly Damnation). Then, By the Pain I See in Others into, it sounds ALOT like something that Tool would do.

But like what I said. I know that they aren't rip-offs, just merely influences (influences probably not even from Tool).

considering that tool's main drumming style is ripped off from a (new york?) native american style and opeths drummer lopez has a lot of indian influence as well, I don't see how you can accuse either of ripping off from eachother.

did tool originally create the tribal drum sound? no. case closed, fucks.

maynard.jpg
Tool have now lost all credibility in my book. What a bunch of art-fags.

Siberia said:
Think about it: really soft guitar intro, slightly choppy drum work, very atmospheric and soothing vocals that could easily be compared to Maynard's on APC.
Have you ever heard of the expression "The 70's" and "Progressive Rock"?

mot- said:
Man, of course! Opeth are totally equal to tool! See.. they both have eh.. guitars.. and...... eh.... drums ?..... eh... cool... and some guy's singing.. you see ? totally equal!
I like this guy! :lol:

And cos I'm bored:
Opeth started up in 1990 I wrote all the material myself with suggestions from the former vocalist, David. When Peter joined in late 1991 I found someone that I could write together with.

tool, does not sound similar to Opeth.... in the slightest..... I agree with everyone who says to kill your friends.... kill them till their good'n dead. Fucktards

KielbasaSausage said:
considering that tool's main drumming style is ripped off from a (new york?) native american style and opeths drummer lopez has a lot of indian influence as well, I don't see how you can accuse either of ripping off from eachother.

did tool originally create the tribal drum sound? no. case closed, fucks.

Ah christ Kielbasa! I said that they didnt ripped off anyone. I said the drums sound similar. I know that lopez has a "latin" influence.

I might be an Idiot, however I believe that tool is not better than opeth. In my opinion Tool's sound really doesnt compare to Opeth.... as a matter of fact,what I was thinking was this "Im fairly sure that eon blue's mom is a whore, no wait Im correct." Mudslinging is fun!!!!!!!!!!!