thanks opeth

Koi

Dec 5, 2005
Gbg sweden
www.myspace.com
okay, i think after all these years, opeth deserve my tribute thread, how many of you discovered what music is all about through opeth? when i first heard opeth, short and simply it really changed my whole perspective in music. thanks opeth. i don't care if this seems fanboyish, i just know it's inspiring to get recognition for your work, and opeth truly deserve it.

I think we'd all like to make a thread like this :)...but yeah your right. Opeth make music that is so much more than music. Real Music.

okay, i think after all these years, opeth deserve my tribute thread, how many of you discovered what music is all about through opeth? when i first heard opeth, short and simply it really changed my whole perspective in music. thanks opeth. i don't care if this seems fanboyish, i just know it's inspiring to get recognition for your work, and opeth truly deserve it.

Not fanboyish at all. Opeth is easily my favorite band, and they inspire in every aspect of the music. They really made me appreciate music for what it is. And I can't thank them enough for that.

Opeth has changed my musical landscape. They have made me more open to other styles of music. I do not live and die by Opeth as i once did, but they of course are still fantastic.

^ +1

Opeth got me into progressive stuff at all. Like the above dude said, they changed my musical landscape. I can listen almost everything now, that's so fantastic!

I don't listen to much else besides Opeth.

It's not that I'm shallow, I just can't stand anything that doesn't sound as good as Opeth.

how cute that even may seem i'm pretty sure that's just a phase most of us have lived through :)

edit: i've had that phase with a few bands, not that i don't listen to other bands and strictly only to one band, but mostly atleast. I've had a phase like that currently for a while now with oceansize... i die everytime i hear the frame and music for a nurse...and everything else by them :p

^:D

it must be an awesome feeling to know you've made such an impression in so many peoples lives, some other artists sell billions of albums but never come near of achieving something like this.

I almost have my wife convinced that Opeth is the greatest band on the face of the earth. That's quite an accomplishment, considering this is a woman who idolizes Colbie Caillat and Cyndi Fucking Lauper :lol:

At first I was like "Wow, that's an accomplishment!"

Then I was like "Wait, who is Cyndi Lauper?"

Then I found out and realized that your accomplishment is a lot bigger than it was to me before.

Very good thread. Opeth has definitely changed my life. I really dont think I'll ever be inspired by any other band as much as them. and yeah, im an avid music collector, but i know that no band will ever mean as much to me as opeth. it's like, i can fall in love with a band, but i always know that opeth will be there and nothing will ever top them. and i feel almost selfish sometimes knowing that opeth has yet to show signs of wear, to know that they could release nine more albums is almost overwhelming to me.

I almost have my wife convinced that Opeth is the greatest band on the face of the earth. That's quite an accomplishment, considering this is a woman who idolizes Colbie Caillat and Cyndi Fucking Lauper :lol:

lol, im in the same situation! my gal listens to some awful music, i usually suck it up when she plays me something, but she took me to the chicago opeth chronolgy show for our 4 years anniversary, and while she doesnt get into alot of their songs, she has a large sense of respect for them just knowing how much they have affected me.

I can honestly say that Opeth changed my perspective of music as I then knew it. Threw them I found out that songs could be heavy without actually being heavy, songs cn be interesting yet go over the 10 minute mark and basically that all bets are off. And while I don't listen to them as much as I used to, they obviously changed the way I listened to music and the things I looked for in music, making me aware of things that I didn't know existed - didn't know could exist.
Since I consider music (especially, my tastes in music) a big part of my life, and since Opeth are one of the main bands that are responsible for my listening habits, I can honestly say that I don't think I'd be the person I am today if it wasn't for them.

EDIT: Oh, if it wasn't clear, I just wanted to say thanks.

yes,they changed my life too:) their music is so amazing and so deep.i listen opeth everytime,even if i sleep...and i'm so glad to be their fan! thanks opeth for amazing songs!:worship: :kickass: