thanks opeth from melbourne

yep, tonights show was fucking awesome. thank you opeth! last nights was also awesome, so thank you again for playing 2 shows! only problem was no blackwater park or a fair judgement- i would have killed to have heard either of them. i would also have like to have killed the 2 retards standing infront of me air-drumming for the whole damn set. thanks again for another great night of "cock rock" :headbang:

Fantastic gig. I wrote a more comprehensive account in the other thread, as well as the setlist from memory... still can't believe they played Moonlapse Vertigo. I must've dropped multiple loads within milliseconds.

Shieldman said:
Dissapointing to see that they've not got The Drapery Falls on there, I hope they bring it back when they come to Auckland.....they can take of Baying of the Hounds if they need to ditch a track, it's probably my least favourite off of Ghost Reveries.....can't wait to see Ghost of Perdition though...or White Cluster, or Deliverance, or Leper Affinity!! Isolation Years would be a brilliant way to end the show though.....

ending with a mellow song? EPIC YAWN

yeah two awesome shows! Thankyou Opeth!
and my mum came to the sunday night gig, and she absoloutely loved it. She thought Mikael was gorgeous, and wants him to come over for dinner. What do you think Mikael?

Haha I am lost for words.

Absolutly flawless

The improvs they did and CLOSURE!

They have just cemented their place AGAIN and the greatest band on this planet.

Fuck, the greatest of all time, if alot of new bands would use Opeth's influences it would create metal's greatest era spawned from Opeth.

Opeth, thankyou for the greatest experience of my life. I waited from noon on monday and thankyou for allowing us to approach you. Thanks Peter for signing my poster.

Man thats the 3rd time i have seen Opeth, and it just seems to always get better. I was amazed at both nights' setlists as they were pretty unexpected. It took me a while but for the last 2 songs in the encore i got against the barrier, pretty fucking sore today but shit it was well worth it.

I was wondering if anyone has footage of both Sunday & Monday? i'll pay to get it put onto dvd. Was the gig properly filmed? would have made a killer dvd, espeically with the venue it was at.

Cheers for any help/footage/pics.

I really wished they played April Etherial just once, but oh wel they did it last time hehe.

Thanks OPETH for an insane experience. Two days later and im still fucked from getting crushed against the barrier but at least the pain kicked in after the concert.

Thanks again guys you fucking rock!!!

yes i filmed first melbourne and audio recorded second and third (sydney). im working on making them more manageable (atm they are 200 megs per file) in the next few days

Let me know when you are done with that audio and film, dude.

It was nice meeting you all. Especially having a few drinks with Johnnysdead before the show.

cuntface said:
oh shut up you wanker
fuck you dickhead sorry for enjoying the night and having one of the best times ever!! sorry if i got the name of the song wrong it was 2 30 in the morning incase that doesnt mean anything to you it means i had school the next morning and i had been out all weekend. i loved the gig with passion and just because your a depressing dick who cant feel happy for someone having fun doesnt mean you have the right to come on this thread and bag someone for having fun. also whats up with the face paint bullshit who the fuk had face paint i didnt see any

opeth set themselves for life in my heart as my faviroute band and it will not change!!

hey chomps..good times mate!!
I saw the photos in the other thread you lucky bastard, getting to meet Opeth twice in the same day. and to have your sock signed! wish i could have stuck around for that.

anyway great night(s) had by all!

hey paganthunder - i spoke to the guy in perrill (melb) and he said they were gonna be getting bootlegs of both the sunday and monday shows. so you might wanna go and see if they've got them in by now.

yeh both shows are flawless!!! but perhaps black rose immortal would be pleasing :) any bootlegs of the gig(s) coming out soon? with the venue and setlist its gonna be awesome!!!

\m/ up the irons \m/