thanks opeth from melbourne

bardoelc

Winter's EPILOGUE
Feb 18, 2006
i'd personally like to thank opeth for one of the best fu..en times of my life. i just back from there first gig in melbourne and felt i had to thank them for it. please give your thanks to opeth all you rocking melbourne fans.
p.s. i'd love to thank them for playing godheads lament for it was the highlight of my night!!:kickass: :headbang:

Godhead's Lament? I can't recall them playing that :lol:

Here's the snappy lil vid I posted on the other thread, near the end of the gig:

http://www.freefileupload.net/file.php?file=files/230406/1145804720/100_0954.MOV

By the way, from memory the setlist was:

Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
The Amen Corner
Baying of the Hounds
Under The Weeping Moon
Closure
The Grand Conjuration
Leper Affinity
Deliverance

Not necessarily in that order, but I think those were all the tracks.

Yeah, Thanks Opeth!

Yeah they didn't play Godhead's Lament. Maybe you thought White Cluster was Godhead's lament. I wish they'd played Godhead's Lament though. :)

Still the night was awesome. Thankyou Opeth.

awesome gig..im still rather speechless.
i have all of leper affinity and parts of deliverance on video..will try to upload soon but they're freaking huge (190MB for leper!)

nowherecatastrophe said:
i have all of leper affinity and parts of deliverance on video..will try to upload soon but they're freaking huge (190MB for leper!)

awesome man, that'll be great :)

nowherecatastrophe said:
That would be fantastic dude =)
I taped most of the speeches that Mikael did to the crowd, and also that 'Heavy Metal Riff' challenge that he did, i'll try and upload those too

Phreek_23 said:
That would be fantastic dude =)
I taped most of the speeches that Mikael did to the crowd, and also that 'Heavy Metal Riff' challenge that he did, i'll try and upload those too

sounds good :D

Moonlapse said:

Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
The Amen Corner
Baying of the Hounds
Under The Weeping Moon
Closure
The Grand Conjuration
Leper Affinity
Deliverance

Actually, im pretty sure that is the correct order.

It was an awesome night. Did anyone else get knocked over by a bald guy in a denim jacket near the start of Opeths set? Apparently some guy at the front was blocking his girlfriends view :lol:

Also, As Mike was introducing Under The Weeping Moon, stating it was from their first album, a big fat drunk guy in front of me yells, "ADVENT" which i thought was humerous.

Thanks very much Opeth, see you again tonight!:headbang: :worship:

Moonlapse said:

Ghost of Perdition
White Cluster
The Amen Corner
Baying of the Hounds
Under The Weeping Moon
Closure
The Grand Conjuration
Leper Affinity
Deliverance

Dissapointing to see that they've not got The Drapery Falls on there, I hope they bring it back when they come to Auckland.....they can take of Baying of the Hounds if they need to ditch a track, it's probably my least favourite off of Ghost Reveries.....can't wait to see Ghost of Perdition though...or White Cluster, or Deliverance, or Leper Affinity!! Isolation Years would be a brilliant way to end the show though.....

bardoelc said:
i'd personally like to thank opeth for one of the best fu..en times of my life. i just back from there first gig in melbourne and felt i had to thank them for it. please give your thanks to opeth all you rocking melbourne fans.
p.s. i'd love to thank them for playing godheads lament for it was the highlight of my night!!:kickass: :headbang:
oh shut up you wanker

cuntface said:
oh shut up you wanker

Lay off dude
the guy is just obviously stoked that he's seen one of his favourite bands live and is still on a high from it

Danallica said:
Lay off dude
the guy is just obviously stoked that he's seen one of his favourite bands live and is still on a high from it
face paint is for pussys

Fuck yes. Just back from the 2nd Melbourne show. I'm VERY glad I forked out to go to both shows because this one was by far, the best.

With the addition of two 'rare' songs (Moonlapse Vertigo AND The Night And The Silent Water), as well as me having it all video taped made for a fucking great night.

I'm so stoked to have finally heard TNATSW live. It is by far one of my favourite songs and I'm very glad I'll have this forever as I filmed it. I'll upload all the videos in the next couple of days.

Credence was also banging, glad we got it this time round. Personally I'm a little bummed not getting Drapery Falls, but seeing there are tonnes of bootlegs of that around anyway I'm not too fussed.

Mike was also a lot more into it this show. Was amazing to have 2 encores, or at least two songs in the one encore :) His jokes always crack me up.

Hope everyone else had as much fun as I.

Peace out.

Fuck man, tonight's set sounds alot better IMO (judging by the songs you listed anyway).
I'm really hoping for Moonlapse Vertigo in Sydney, or Godhead's Lament or something thereabouts.
Never really thought the guys would play TNATSW live, but that's awesome, you Melbournites are lucky fuckers!

ditch said:
Fuck yes. Just back from the 2nd Melbourne show. I'm VERY glad I forked out to go to both shows because this one was by far, the best.

With the addition of two 'rare' songs (Moonlapse Vertigo AND The Night And The Silent Water), as well as me having it all video taped made for a fucking great night.

I'm so stoked to have finally heard TNATSW live. It is by far one of my favourite songs and I'm very glad I'll have this forever as I filmed it. I'll upload all the videos in the next couple of days.

Credence was also banging, glad we got it this time round. Personally I'm a little bummed not getting Drapery Falls, but seeing there are tonnes of bootlegs of that around anyway I'm not too fussed.

Mike was also a lot more into it this show. Was amazing to have 2 encores, or at least two songs in the one encore :) His jokes always crack me up.

Hope everyone else had as much fun as I.

Peace out.

FUCK YES! Most fucking amazing night ever! I'm so glad they played The Night And The Silent Water.. It was brilliant. The whole show was brilliant. I crowd surfed twice, in the later half of Deliverance and Demon Of The Fall. It was absolutely incredible. Pure moment of bliss. I'm seriouse. Best gig ever. For me. I actually cried at the very end of Demon Of The Fall. (I'm allowed, it's Opeth) I can't believe it. Best show. Best memories.

My body hates me. But it was worth everything and one thousand times more.