opeth tribute

Originally posted by YaYoGakk
Possibly, but it is only a bit of fun.

If we split up the guitars like i said then it wont matter too much. For example, lead tone has little to do with the rhythm guitar tone, and acoustic guitar tone can be different again. So theres at least 3 parts we could do that could be put together fairly well. The solo sounds like its swapping between peter and mike, or at least between two different parts, so recording them with slightly different sounds wouldnt matter too much either. And then we could split the distorted rhythm guitar over 2 people (i think most of it is twin guitar) who just need to get similar sounds.

Cool.

Yo yo!

Like YaYoGakk said, I've started programming the drums for White Cluster, but I didn't get very far (I spent most of the evening finding similar drum sounds and tweaking them), so there's still time to change the song if need be.

Hmm, what do we need for White Cluster? Two distorted guitars and one (metal stringed?) acoustic strumming in the background pretty much through the song, plus the acoustic passages.

Bass guitar, anyone? Good luck figuring the bass parts out. I didn't pay much attention them, but I think they're pretty low in the mix.

If I can get the drums for White Cluster down without too much hassle I'm sure I can start working on other songs as well.

Originally posted by Hearse
Ok when Orchid has done the programming I'm gonna do one guitar on it... and then somene (Yayogakk? Bumble?) gonna add the other guitar... then we need bass maybe? vocals? bah who needs vocals.. :lol:

I could do the other guitar. What do you use for recording, anyway?

(peeks in)

:dopey: "Sa-WINNNNnnng batta-batta-batta-batta-batta, sa-wing batta."

sweeeet.

Ok, i'm capable of doing stuff that has to do with recording guitars, mixing, and making programmed midi stuff sound ok by using soundfonts...

...gnuckel@hotmail.com

...www.geocities.com/gnuckelll/bodomkts.mp3

Curse you all, you selfish drummers. Now I have to get a drummer over here to play for me, and he doesn't even have double bass. No matter, my cover will be better than all of yours! Mwuh ha ha ha ha!

TyrantOfFlames-
...my cover will be better than all of yours! Mwuh ha ha ha ha!

:rolleyes: Oh yeah, sure. Right. Whatever. Prove it! :p :lol: